Green Clown Goby -- Not Eating

rwynn

Big Daddy
Title says it, someone in the office gifted this guy to me for christmas, I figured he is the right type for the nano tank, well. I have yet to see him eat, I was away on a 2 week vacation immediately after it was put in my tank, so after approx 4 weeks I have yet to see him eat, I've been feeding Mysid every 3rd day.

I have assumed he would have died if he wasn't getting food from somewhere so my assumption was he was responsible for my pods becoming fewer, however he is progressively getting thinner.

Any ideas on something that might peek his appetite?

I've heard that mysis that has been dosed with garlic is suppose to help. Don't know if its right or not, but I'm sure that one of the vets on the board will correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe try something smaller like Cyclopeeze? Normally those guys are not difficult to get eating... I'd say if he continues to get skinnier, move him into a different tank. He'll have a better shot at surviving in a larger aquarium.

Definitely add a little more variety then just mysis. It may just be that mysis doesn't interest him but, something else may.

Put a mix of food in there and see what it goes for then stick with it. Mine ate like a pig so I'm suprised yours is giving you trouble. Good luck!

Well fish store didn't have anything other than mysid,(its a shitty store) I tried some pellets that Miguel got free, everything else(peppermint shrimp liked) but he ignored. Fish store he is probably only interested in Pods, which makes sense, since the pods have vanished...I'm going to take him to the LFS so he doesn't die....no sense in him dieing.

Its about 20 minutes away...so not worth it for a 4$ fish that NEVER leaves its little cave area...I'll let him go chill in the LFS's 240g display. Thank you everyone.

Title says it, someone in the office gifted this guy to me for christmas, I figured he is the right type for the nano tank, well. I have yet to see him eat, I was away on a 2 week vacation immediately after it was put in my tank, so after approx 4 weeks I have yet to see him eat, I've been feeding Mysid every 3rd day.

I have assumed he would have died if he wasn't getting food from somewhere so my assumption was he was responsible for my pods becoming fewer, however he is progressively getting thinner.

Any ideas on something that might peek his appetite?
Try Rotifers and copepods mixed with a taste of mysis or brine. That worked for my yellow clown goby(I had the same problem as you). Hope it helps:).

Back