Green Glassy bubble Algae

Emerald crabs will help.You can also remove it by hand as long as your careful not to pop the bubbles.
Whats your parameters looking like?

+1 yote. The only way I found to get rid of it was emeralds, but they're hit or miss. Some eat it some don't. I just started getting it back and have been removing the rock and plucking it off while trying really hard not to pop then. When they pop slimy stuff comes out and will stick to the rock causing more.

Crikey that's a mystery. Phosphates and nitrates all zero I have 3 tangs and a foxface- wouldn't they pop them when eating them? There's zillions so it's impossibe to scrape them out. I tried to on one rock which I removed from the tank and rinsed after scraping, they just grew back. Boo hoo!

You can pop them during a water change if you place your siphon hose next to or over the bubble when you remove it. That will suck all the bad stuff out.

You can pop them during a water change if you place your siphon hose next to or over the bubble when you remove it. That will suck all the bad stuff out.

That's how I get rids of mine . I have an Emerald and never seen him eat bubble algae. That doesn't mean he doesn't eat it, I have a hard enough time finding him! :frustrat:

Back