Green Hair algae

Washburn82

Reefing newb
So the dying brain coral i got from my friend awhile ago is doing fine now, although, where the dead white part was on it, is now covered in a furry green algae. Maybe about the size of a dime. I pluck it as often as i can. Recently however, i notice it starting to grow on one of my rocks as well. I did a water check last night
ph-8.2
ammonia-0
nitrite-0
nitrate-10ppm
calcium-480
phosphates-0
salinity-1.025
thats all i have tests for atm. I keep my lights on 9-11 hrs a day depending on when i get done work. (really need to invest in a timer) anyways, since it is just on one rock right now that i can easily remove without disturbing my fishies habitat. What would be the best way to clear this rock of it? Removing it and keeping it in a dark area for a few days, or perhaps scrubbing it off. I noticed tonight 3 mini brittle star legs sticking out if one of the holes so id like to keep the little guy alive if i could. Also this rock is in a very constant high flow area. I seen my scarlett hermit going to town on it, but one furious eater wont keep up. For CUC i only have like 4 hermit crabs, 5 nass snails, a mexican snail (also appears to eat it) and 3 shrimp (cleaner, peppermint and marble).
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks :) dont have pics right now lights are out sorry.

to me the big thing is getting a larger CUC in.. A mixture of cerith both dwarf and florida, along with a few more nass and a few astrea snails would finish off what you may have a problem with, as long as you have the hair algae down to the rocks they will all eat it..

Thanks Marcah, sounds good to me. I kind of waited on getting more cause i didnt really have alot of algae in my tank aside from corraline. But now, that i got this green fur it sounds like a great reason to get more. Thanks

Back