green hair alge

AHill40

reefer head
Im starting to have a problim with some green hair alge or some sort of something looking like sea weed, my ph is 8.0 its hard for me to keep it around 8.2 for some reason, amon 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate between 0-5, on some rocks its trying to take over the corroline alge can any one help :bowdown:
Thanks ...Art

How long has your tank been set up? Its fairly common to get the green alage. I recommend increasing your water changes (x 2 per week), using phosphate remover and manually removing as much of the algae as you can.

If you want faster results, do all this for a few days and keep all lights off during that time.

C the game is right, algae is unavoidable in new tanks. Follow his suggestions, and if you haven't already, beef up your cleaner crew. Get 2 or 3 Mexican turbo snails, some emerald crabs and some nassarius snails. Also, remove as much of the algae by hand as you can. If you're using tap water, STOP. Use RODI water only. If you're feeding flake and pellet foods, feed frozen foods instead.

Games right.Increase your water changes and manually remove as much of the algae as you can.
Also check your alkalinity.An alkalinity over 8DKH is supposed to help keep algae down.

Back