Green Hair Algea problem in my 3 Gallon!!!

TropicalRespect

Dont Worry
I have had a green hair algea and red slime problem in my 3 gallon. Im using all RO/DI water with water changes every week. I have been doing everything right like proper water flow, 8 hour light period, a clean up crew, and i havent had any fish in my aquarium until yesterday. i got a small damesel. Red Slime algea is aslo growing on my corals and a little on the rocks. Theres a lot of dusty stuff built up on the rocks.
What could be my problem??? Thanks

Do you have enough flow in the tank? Slime algae tends to accumulate when there isn't enough water movement. Have you been feeding anything?

There seems to be a lot of flow in the tank.... how much flow should there be?
Im using a 90 gph HOB filter.
I just started feeding my fish yesterday. I make sure he eats every flake of food i put in.

No matter how small your damsel is, that tank is too small for him. And a fish is only going to make your algae problem much worse.

You need to add more flow, or adjust your flow so it is hitting all areas of the tank. If you don't have a power head, I'd suggest getting a Koralia nano powerhead.

:cheerful: And one other question I have for you, how is the tank now? Don't think i recollect reading that part. Whats your phosphate level?
I dont have to much red slime growing now, but I cant seem to get rid of the green hair algae. Even after doing a 3 day black out, it looked just the same as before the blackout.

you can always drop it in a stocking where there is flow? and just let it run, especially if you have a little filter area at the back of your 3 gallon

Not as filter media, they come as pellets. So you can basically stick it in your filter in a filter sock or in a stocking and it will do the same job as having it in a reactor

Back