Green Lettuce Nudibranch?

VAreef

Reefing newb
I think this thing is an invert. Has anyone had these in their tank? Are they good with corals? Do the multiply rapidly? I've heard people talk about Nudibranches eating zoas and leathers. I don't have one yet but Im considering it if it will eat hair algae

Live aquaria says this about them:

"The Lettuce Sea Slug may also be referred to as the Lettuce Nudibranch, or Green Lettuce Nudibranch, although it is not a true nudibranch. It has been referred to as both Tridachia crispata and Elysia crispata. It has highly folded parapodia (side appendages) which give it a ruffled appearance. Since its color is usually green, yellow, or brown, it resembles lettuce."

I wouldnt suggest lettuse nudis for plain old hair algae.But they will do a number on bryopsis.
For hair,Sea Hares seem to be better about eating it.
But manual removal is probably the quickest way to a head start on it.

I picked alot off the rocks already. I just haven't pulled the shorter hair algae from around the polyps I got. Maybe now that I will be keeping nitrates less than 20 ppm it will die off anyways.

You know those lettuce Nudies look wild though. They are reef safe aren't they? And I did see a sea hare on that sight too. It looks like a green slug.

Lettuce leaf nudis won't live longer than a couple weeks in our tanks... People haven't quite figured out what it takes to keep them alive. They specialize on bryopsis -- so if your algae is not bryopsis, don't count on them touching it.

Can the sexy shrimp handle being in a new tank? Nothing would make the kids happier than to have some shrimp in there. Plus the sexy shrimp are hilarious.

As long as your parameters have settled down and your nitrates are low, they should be fine. They are about as hardy as any other of the commonly kept shrimp.

my Lettuce nudibranch doesnt even touch hair algae, but yote's right about eating all the bryopsis. He ate it all up and now i dont know what he eats now, but he's still alive after about 2 months! :)

You could try an urchin, if you haven't got one already. They come in so many varieties and can clean straight down to the rock's surface. A pincushion, perhaps??

Back