Green Mandarin Dragonet

docta09

Reefing newb
i was planing on getting a Green Mandarin Dragonet in about a year and wanted to know if anyone has had one. i wanted to know if they are hard to keep and if they'll be ok in a 30 gal tank? :-/

There is a search option at the top of your screen you can find many people who have them and their success stories and the requirements for them that way.

It is a good idea to really do your research and to make sure you find one that eats frozen foods and to have the store show you this because many of them do not which can make them difficult to care for.

+1 Amber

It will be much more difficult to feed a non-trained mandarine in a tank of that size unless you have a sizable fuge, so i would be sure to get one that is eating frozen.

I managed to get mine to eat frozen by first feeding him live brine, and then slowly adding some frozen brine until all i was feeding him was frozen.

i kept one in my 10 gallon nano without a fuge. i just soft of bred copepods and amphipods in mason jars and once a week i would dump a jar in. i had a 7jar rotation with ls lr and macroalgae in the jars.

Back