green montipora stone coral

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
Got a pretty nice piece of monti cap earlier but for some reason it broke on the way home. Is there a way to glue it back together with superglue or something or do I have to just let it be? Also got some sps miami orchid and I dont know if its open or not. What does it look like when its open?

Last edited:
get some super glue gel and find a nice rock to glue them down to. Maybe put them staggered next to each other and have them grow out in a cool pattern.

-Doc

Docs got the right idea.Congratulations.
To see if the orchid is open,you'll have to look real close.You should be able to see the polyps.
Good luck with,those are some awesome corals.

Thanks!!! Yeah I got green digitata and pink digitata along with the ora miami orchid and I see the polyps out on both digitata's just not the orchid. Hopefully it will open up. Is it a night or day coral? Meaning are the polyps going to come out during the day? I seen pics on the net and cant find a pic of a miami orchid with the polyps out.

what makes me mad is I broke a little piece of the pink digitata off because I saw my flame angel pecking at my green digitata so I got mad and took 100lbs of rock out throwing it into coolers and then 1 of my last rocks fell off and hit the digitata. I was sooooo mad at that damn fish, finally caught it and sold it to someone already. Never am I buying another angle fish. I watched her peck at that coral for like an hour straight even after feeding her. If breaking the green cap wasn't enough, now I got 2 pink digitata's!!! :grumble:

Just use some super glue gel and glue the piece of digitata to a rock and let it grow.
I've broke pieces off mine several times.

Do I have to make sure its dry or will it glue to a wet rock? Was thinking about gluing the green cap but didn't know if I had to dry it first or what? So this is safe? I always thought that super glue was toxic thats why I never tried it.

Use super glue gel. I use it all the time. All I do is take rock out of tank. Put gel on rock. Put coral on gel. Then I place in a bowl of tank water to make sure it attached. If so in the tank it goes. Works every time.

Super glue gel will work underwater. But it's easier to apply it to one side outside of the tank, and then press it on to the other side underwater. But if your rocks are too large (like mine are), you can apply the super glue underwater then just press the coral into it. Use a pretty big glob.

I have recently given up on superglue. I now use exopy, it works sooo much better. I purchased mine from wal-mart for 4 bucks. it's made by J-B weld and is called water weld.

Back