Green Mushroom

simplystephanie

Reefing newb
Hello Everyone!

I just purchased my first Oceanic biocube 8 gallon aquarium :) <-- very exciting day!

I also bought some live rock, and one piece it has green mushrooms already established.. many in fact. And in the midst of my excitement I forgot the name :-/

any care tips or tips in general would be greatly appreciated :) I'll be purchasing fish in a month, so any tips on type(s) of fish is also appreciated.

here's a picture of the aquarium off of flickr .. sorry, I don't know how to post pictures yet.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2559/3755904260_b316a6eabd_o.jpg

Hello and welcome to the site...congrats on the new tank, and the free new addition...since you just set your tank up, it has not cycled yet, that being said, the mushroom may not survive...or it may...they are pretty tuff animals. keep an eye on your levels, and in no time you'll be on your way to a beautiful set-up.

Hello and welcome to the site...congrats on the new tank, and the free new addition...since you just set your tank up, it has not cycled yet, that being said, the mushroom may not survive...or it may...they are pretty tuff animals. keep an eye on your levels, and in no time you'll be on your way to a beautiful set-up.

I really hope the mushrooms survive **crosses fingers** They came from the same place I purchased my water, so my chances of a high survival rate are better than none lol.

That's good you bought water from the lfs to start out...did you buy the sand live also, or just live rock? Because if the sand was live also, your chances of having a cycle are real slim.:D

That's good you bought water from the lfs to start out...did you buy the sand live also, or just live rock? Because if the sand was live also, your chances of having a cycle are real slim.:D

I purchased the live rock, live sand, and water from the same fish store.

question- what sort of fish should I be looking into?

You're off to a good start...In a 8gal you won't be able to keep much, maybe 2 fish or so...look into a small clown fish, some sort of small goby, or firefish, etc...

Congrats on your new setup! Mushrooms don't need any kind of special care. You should keep your lights on for 8 or so hours a day since you have corals. In a 8 gallon tank you are really limited to just keeping one small fish. I'd recommend some sort of a goby.

Welcome to the site and the hobby.
In an 8 gallon,I'd suggest looking at a couple of shrimp over the fish.But if your set on fish,one of the small gobies would be alright.

Back