Green Star Polyps growth

Coral Commander

Reefing newb
I have had some Green Star Polyps for a while and a little section of them died off because of my Bubble Tip Anemone insisting on being near the polyps. I am wondering how I can speed up the growth of them. I have had them for a while and they haven't really grown much if at all. Is there any supplement that I should be using to stimulate growth?

GSP has no mouth so you cant feed it, if you want them to grow you need to run your water a little dirtier, but your nem and other corals wont appreciate that.

From what I read there has never been any proof that GPS eat anything. Some corals live on light alone. Also, they do grow fast but they are easy to cut back.

nothing can live on light alone, they have to bring in other nutrients to convert the energy they receive from the light to carbon compounds they can use as an energy source. They also need to import other organic and inorganic compound for growth. But they dont have mouths to eat anything like plankton, instead they have tiny pores to bring in those other compounds.

Which is why they grow faster in dirty water, there are more nutrients in the water column they can take up to grow from

Last edited:
Back