Green star polyps

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I got some GSP's and I think they look great. Some people say they will grow extremely fast and take over the tank? Does anyone else have any GSP's?

I have some, and they have spread very quickly. Remember, they can only spread to neighboring rocks, so if it starts to get out of control, your best bet is to move the rock they're on to somewhere in the tank where it's not touching something else.

I have pink star polyps and they grow FAST! they will spread every where and over everything. They will grow right over your sand bed and right up the glass if given the chance. Locate them on their own island and frag as needed to keep them from spreading. I love mine, but if not waqtched they can be a pest.

I have pink star polyps and they grow FAST! they will spread every where and over everything. They will grow right over your sand bed and right up the glass if given the chance. Locate them on their own island and frag as needed to keep them from spreading. I love mine, but if not waqtched they can be a pest.

Lets say I put some on my overflow, how hard would they be to get off? Can you just peel the off? Or do they stick hard to everything?

I have two kinds and they spread really fast.Spread right over zoos and palys suffocating them.Like others said isolate them from touching other rocks if you want to slow down there progress.They will still spread right across the sand but its easier to cut them off when they do.Razor blades are the prefer method for getting them off equipment.

You can scrape them off with a razor. If you try and peel them off they will just tear. Some people put them on the overflows and back glass and just let them grow and cut off the extras or the parts were they don't want them.

i rid my DT of them and have about 30 frags of them that i can not hardly GIVE away !! they will be going to anyone who buys my frags at the frag swap next month if they want them ... i think they suck, but thats just my $.02.

IMHO Gsp are great corals they just need extra care to make sure they do not become a problem.

Reefkeeper have you tried to trade to your LFS mine said they would give me an in store credit, and I have traded, sold, and gave away several frags on RC. Just a though on getting ride of them.

i use to trade them in to 1 of my LFS's, but that one stopped all SW sales so i lost a lot of my frag trading when they quit salt.

hibye, that is like a 7 or 8 hour drive for you. i use to live in Sewickley, PA.

Back