Green Stat Polyps

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
So I went away for 4 days and when I come back my green star polyps are all inside except for like 2 tiny ones and the purple base is shriveled up some.

A salinity change?
waste build up?

Will it come back is my main concern. Thanks!!

well the prob is a did a small water change a little bit ago before testing. but I'm at 20 nitrate nitrite is small and ammonia is under .25

would a brittle starfish bother it if didn't have other food?

Is ammonia at .25 or at 0? If it's anything but 0, that could be your problem. Particles... do you mean like sand? Or just cloudiness?

do you have any fish that might nip if hungry? what about crabs? They can irritate corals walking on top of them, looking for food.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

i have twice caught a big hermit on what is left of the coral

since I have no fish left I dont put food in.

Could that create them to eat some of the green star polyps?

will they come back if I get them to be left alone?

Even though the hermits dont need much,they do need to be fed every now and then.
And if there are any of the polyps left,then they have a chance at coming back.

One of my zoa colonies was almost destroyed by an infestation of parasites. They were shriveled up for 2 months.

(one colony was destroyed and I ended up flushing them)

I was doing freshwater dips and picking eggs off with a tweezer. Then I started doing dips in reef dip and picking more eggs off. 2 weeks of that abuse and then 6 weeks in the tank--they finally opened up a few days ago.

If there is just one that survives, you still got a colony. It will sprout when it is healthy again. Just takes time.

twice a week will be sufficient to keep them alive. Just a pinch is all you need. I would use cyclops, since the corals like that anyway.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back