green torch!!??

salt newbie01

Reefing newb
Does anyone have or has anyone seen a green torch? I was just in my lfs and he had a green torch - the base tissue around the mouth was a deep green - the tentacles were cream colored with yellow colored tips. Anyone seen any like this ?? It looked really sweet. I just didn't want to buy something that was bleeched or dyed or anything crazy like that. It sure looks like a sweet find --

Was this at Michael's? It looks really good. I do think they come in all colors just as frogspawns do. I doubt it has been dyed.

Yeh Anthony it was the one at Michale's - I thought it looked pretty good too. I think I'm going to buy it tomorrow. What did you think about his new frag tank? I like that big favia he has in it. I think it belongs to danny - He's not sure what he wants for it.

Hey Patrick. Did you get that torch, or did Brandon beat you to it? At least David didn't get it. That would be certain death. That favia is nice. He told me he had no idea what Danny wanted for it. Did Michael ever find out? I hate not buying the stuff Mike gets in, but that favia was huge.

na i was only kidding around...

BTW did either of you talk to micheal about the frag swap? Just curious?

BRandon

I spoke with him. He is definitely going. He also said he would give out items for our meetings as well. I'll be sure and go buy next time before coming to the meeting.

Is he going to setup a table?

The important thing now is was he going to display the flyer for us? We need to get the word spread as much as possible...

Brandon

He is setting up a table. He has the flyer displayed for all to see. I have also hung up the flyer at Whirlpool, or Maytag for those of you who know it as that.

Splendid..

Brian and I also got the following donations.

1) 40 dollars from premium Aquatics.
2) Randy at reed mariculture, reef nutrition, is going to send a bunch of his products and possible be at the frag swap.

Looks like things are coming together.

Brandon

Sounds like things are coming together for the swap. That's great. I've got the flyer posted at the dealership I work. Anthony did you put the flyer up at petco in Cleveland? If not I'll go by there tomorrow.

I did get the green torch sat. It is opening up nicely. Danny said $35 for the favia - I snatched it! Well I told Josh to hold it for me till next week. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

i got the petco on gunbarrel but petsmart wouldnt allow it with out going through the main office..i was thinking about coming up with a lost or found coral flyer since thats all they seem to allow...but anyways we need to see some pics of that green torch patrick :mrgreen:

That sucks, but really not many people go to petsmart in search of Saltwater.

Has there been any other luck with LFS?:question:

Brandon

Well here a couple pics of my new torch. Keep in mind I have a 3 year old point and shoot kodak digi. Also I have not taken David's photo shop 101 or 102 class yet. So bare with me. I guess what I am trying to say is the pic does not do it justice. You can only see one head because of the way it is positioned in the tank.

torch106-25-06.jpg
[/IMG]

torch206-25-06.jpg
[/IMG]

The coral is approx 2 1/2 inches across counting polyp extension - just to give you an idea of size.
hope you like

Back