green turf algae????

IMG_8875.jpg

What you are probably referring to is bryopsis, which is much tougher (turfier) than the regular green hair algae pictured above. Bryopsis is more difficult to deal with than green hair algae.

What you are probably referring to is bryopsis, which is much tougher (turfier) than the regular green hair algae pictured above. Bryopsis is more difficult to deal with than green hair algae.
Ya, its not green hair algae. I believe it is green turf or bryopsis.Is it as tuff to controol as the red turf?:grumble:

Yes, and as you probably know, it is near to impossible to remove by hand, because it adheres to the rock so well. A regular CUC can help, but I've found there are far fewer animals that will eat it than regular hair algae.

Is it in an isolated spot, or is it all over?

The thing that solved the bryopsis issue in my tank was keeping the water pristine and bringing up the mag levels with daily dosing in combination with a scrubber.

It takes a while to get rid of it, but my tank looked like a golf course in some places.

So far so good!!! A few good water changes and I added some emerald crabs. I have went from 100 or so small spots of gta down to 3. The emerald crabs were working on it as soon as they came out of the bag and landed on the rocks!!:bounce:

Back