green&yellow Clown Goby

ZyberGoby

Because I'm clever
Now quick question I have a green Clown and Yellow Clown Goby both in the tank at around the same time but were in the same tank at the LFS. Now when I put them in my tank they hid and hind to gather. Last night when I was vacuuming my tank and doing up some water for tonights water change. I saw the yellow one on the live rock by this gray jelly with little whitish dots in it. When ever a shrimp or fish friend got close yellow would freak out and attack. Now for the question is do any of you think a green and yellow could mate with each other and have spawned? If not what the hell is yellow guarding???

They are two different species, so they won't mate. I'm not sure what it appears to be guarding. Maybe it just think that's its territory? Clown gobies are very territorial, and it's unusual for more than one to get along, so you're lucky yours don't fight.

Yeah they are buds they hang and help each other all the time. Well the egg like things are gone or have been move or eaten. I don't know but last night it was not there when I got home. :( I was kind of hopping to be having baby's soon. I guess I have to just go with my idea of starting up saltwater molly's haha...... hmm on second thought maybe not.

Back