Greetings from a newbie

CharlesR

Reefing newb
Hello to the Chattanooga Reefers. I am very new at this hobby. I have had fresh water tanks for many years, but no salt water ones. I bought a 34 gal. Red Sea Max, that I bought at the Bermuda Triangle. Its been up almost two months now. I have 45 pounds of LR and 40pds of LS. The dreaded attack of brown diatoms is almost history. I have two mexican turbo snails and some small crabs (sorry I forgot there exact names). They are doing a great job at keeping the LF clean. I put a yellow tell damsel in last week and that little devil is loving all the caves and crannies in the life rock. I have a rock with about five blue mushrooms and a rock with about six electric green recordea. I have tried very hard to do all my homework and make this work and so far, it is doing exactly that. I want to wish each and all a great Mothers Day. If I thought my tank was ready I would love to purchase the black percula clows, but not sure if my tank is ready to carry the added bio load yet.

Sounds good. Take your time. The black perc are one of my favorites, exspensive though but nice. Good luck with your tank and keep us posted.

Welcome to the site. I am glad you have found us. Post any questions you may have in the general reef forums and you will get a good response to your inquiries.

Hi and welcome to the reef.Just so that you know,your about to get into THE most addictive hobby known to man.
Congratulations and good luck.

PS
Remember to post any questions you might have.

welcome man, i am very new to this hobby also but this site is a great place to join. everyone is a great help and you can learn a lot here and meet a lot of awesome people. welcome and good luck.

Hi Charles and welcome to the site!!! Sounds like you a nice setup thus far. The folks here are a great and very knowledgable, so post any question you may have, I know you'll get great help. Also, if you ever find yourself wondering about something, there are some GREAT articles posted on the site under the "Helpful Articles" tab. Have a great day!!!

Hey There Charles. I Am Also Very New To The Hobby And Everyone Here Are Great!!! Very Very Helpful. Good Luck To You !

Back