Gretch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by ErinCahir, Jul 14, 2013.

1. ErinCahir

ErinCahir Sausage Wrangler

ErinCahir, Jul 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. ErinCahir

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Yeah i just saw this :( pooooooor Lea and his family!!!

wontonflip, Jul 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. ErinCahir

I was pretty surprised, honestly. (I don't really follow the celeb stuff... I had no idea he had substance abuse issues.)

ErinCahir, Jul 14, 2013
  4. ErinCahir

I knew he did...I knew he was back in rehab which is why he wasn't on Glee as much (but it didn't seem obvious, since the others were also being scaled back).

I wonder if they'll kill him off in Glee or if they'll just phase his character out by not saying anything more about him.

wontonflip, Jul 14, 2013
  5. ErinCahir

I'm not caught up. I hardcore watched the first few seasons... once they started phasing everyone out I kind of lost interest.

ErinCahir, Jul 14, 2013
  6. ErinCahir

Northstar24 The Tang Herder

This sucks :(

Northstar24, Jul 15, 2013
  7. ErinCahir

Aw yeah Matt is a Gleek

ErinCahir, Jul 16, 2013
  8. ErinCahir

motorcyclereefer I am Graffiti Petey

RIP in Gary Coleman!!!!!!!!

motorcyclereefer, Jul 16, 2013
    d2mini likes this.
  9. ErinCahir

Damn you were slow, mcr!!

RIP GaryColeman, long live Finn Hudson!

wontonflip, Jul 16, 2013
  10. ErinCahir

Northstar24 The Tang Herder

There are people who aren't?

Seriously though, as a musician myself, I've always enjoyed the show, even the last season and a half, which is not as good as the first ones

Northstar24, Jul 16, 2013
  11. ErinCahir

Yeah I'm a total Gleek :p Damn freakin' proud of it!!

I mean, how can you not like how they cover songs, usually to the point where it's a perfect copy of the original? Plus my 7 year old, who loves songs, is not allowed to listen to some songs' original versions due to their profanity, so the Glee versions is what he listens to :)

Plus I was a choir geek from 7th grade until college :p So yeah...total GLEEKER here.

What a waste though:

http://www.nbcnews.com/entertainmen...ed-heroin-alcohol-mix-coroner-says-6C10651460

Confirmed alcohol and heroin mix. I'm sad for him, but more sad for Lea and his friends and family. Sucks that no matter how many friends and family support you, you can still end up down that path.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    wontonflip, Jul 16, 2013
  12. ErinCahir

2XAl Salt Addict VIP Member

I'm not really into glee, seen it a couple times but here is my take. Its a shame such a young talent was lost- but realistically, the only people i feel bad for are the loved ones who would have done anything possible to stop something like this from happening. It was his own selfishness that led him down this path that eventually hurt so many.

2XAl, Jul 17, 2013
  13. ErinCahir

A loss of life is tragic, and there's no doubt that his death was selfish, but senseless nonetheless.

But on the other hand, addiction is also a disease and a vicious cycle. It's easy for someone looking in from the outside to say "He should have stopped if he really wanted"...but obviously, the addiction came over him. He went for rehab twice. He wanted to get better. He had all the love and support in the world. But in the end, he had a disease that overtook him.

Why do you think recovering alcoholics always refer to themselves as alcoholics, instead of former-alcoholic? Because they know it takes just one drink to push them over the edge. It's also been said it's genetic. These people are already sadly predisposition to these addictive behaviors. Same goes with smokers...I was a social smoker in college. I had the occasional cigarette at college parties. But never got addicted nor craved it, yet I know of people who were hooked after only a few.

Here's my proclammation: My name is wonton, and I'm a Reese-a-holic. I'm addicted to frozen mini Reese's cups :shock: I know I shouldn't keep gobbling them up, but I have been known to sit there and eat them nonstop until they're all gone (hence why I only buy small packs). It's bad for me, yet I do it anyway. Not the same as the drug thing, but I do it regardless if I knew it was bad for me :p Hell, if it were a drug or if I were diabetic, I'd have probably OD'd on the stuff LOL

wontonflip, Jul 17, 2013
    ErinCahir likes this.
  14. ErinCahir

2XAl Salt Addict VIP Member

Wonton- you made some good points and I certainly respect your point of view. I have never had a severe drug addiction. I had my vices and was faced with giving something up for health reasons. I look my children in the eye and I realize that I would do anything physically possible to be on this earth for as long as possible. I guess what I meant to say was, I'm sad that he couldn't find anything in this life that was worth more than a heroin high, may he RIP.

2XAl, Jul 17, 2013
    wontonflip likes this.
  15. ErinCahir

Have a frozen Reese's cup sometime ;) You'll be addicted :shock:

But yes, the thought of "it was selfish" did cross my mind. That's why I feel worse for Lea and his family. Hopefully they will realize they did all they could, short of watching him closely 24/7.

wontonflip, Jul 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question