grow thread for green apple monti

That apples looking great James.

Jag,I have no idea why I cant keep Monties.Their supposed to be the easiest SPS,but all mine bleach out and die within a week.And it dont matter what I try.

taken 7-18-09

DSCN1302.jpg

it is really growing fast. i added about 2lbs of carbon to the tank because of all the xenia i have. but something is shure working the xenia are still spreading and my mushrooms went from 5 to about 8 in a month or less. i think i may set up my 20l for all the xenia but dont know what i am going to do yet.

I beleive xenia can release a toxin that they use as a chemical warfare type thing to make sure that they have enough room to grow. And the carbon is use to help remove it

Brian

I beleive xenia can release a toxin that they use as a chemical warfare type thing to make sure that they have enough room to grow. And the carbon is use to help remove it

Brian

yes they do i am working at selling it all to my lfs for store credit and that is the other reason that i am running 2 pounds of carbon in my tank it is the first time that i have used carbon in about 6 years.

Which smells worse, xenia or kenya tree? I think kenya tree is wayyyy worse. In the past, it's taken DAYS for me to get that nasty fish smell off of my hands after pruning kenya trees. It is awful.

I cant tell any difference in kenya weeds and xenia as far as smell goes.
They both smell worse than :pooh:

yea i tore one off the rock once and that was it. so i went to the store and bought a box of latex gloves and will not touch them without gloves anymore

Back