Guaranteed to make you cry.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Zissou, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Zissou

Zissou What about my dynamite? VIP Member

Not sure why I'm posting this. I'm just at a point in my life where I feel at my loneliest and most vulnerable, and I wish I still had my dog around. Had him since he was a puppy until he died just a couple of years ago, when he was 15 or so.

This was posted on vortex recently and it just kicked me in the chest. Funny enough, losing my dog is one of the biggest reasons why I'm into fish now. Just can't handle having to let go of another furry mutt.

Anyway, I thought it was a beautiful video and thought I would share.

http://vimeo.com/8191217

Zissou, Jul 28, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Zissou

Marines_Wife

I know how you feel. Ive spoke a few times of my pit Macho. He was there for me through it all, the darkest times of my life he was there...it sounds really stupid but that dog was my soulmate.....loosing him was devestating and not having him now is hard.
    I would like to get another dog to heal, not to replace Macho because I dont think there is a replacement for him. But he rescued me and I think the best way to honor him is by rescuing someone who has nothing.
    Consider it. Your dog saved you and loved you, maybe you can give the gift of life to a dog that will spend the rest of their short life huddling in a cage watching people pass him by until the day he gets euthanized.....you have the power to save a life and they will be eternally grateful to you for it.

Marines_Wife, Jul 28, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Zissou

navyguyame

great video!!! I have 2 dogs now that have been there for me. They are the first ones to greet me at the door every day. No matter how bad my day was they are always in a good mood and happy to see me. I dont know what i would do with out them. Right now they are only 4 so i still have some time but it is inevitable that day will come.

navyguyame, Jul 28, 2011
  4. Zissou

d2mini VIP Member

um, ya I am not watching that.
    Putting down my 12yo husky is not something I need to relive.

d2mini, Jul 28, 2011
  5. Zissou

prthd

just powerfull, makes me want to play catch with my dog all day.

prthd, Jul 28, 2011
  6. Zissou

Sharkie The Damsel Defender

we had to put down our 14 yr old husky a year ago... it was one of the hardest things we've ever had to do since we've had him since I was just a lil toddler myself... he was our brother and the BEST dog anyone could've ever have.... we made the "mistake" of going out to our shelter to look at what was posted as husky pups and fell in love with a little lab mutt... she has helped us heal SO much and while she'll never replace our Dakota our lil miss mutt Daisy has been something to help get over the pain more easily

that video was horrible.... i don't cry except at things like that... now i have nice puffy red eyes... lol. ugh! animals are amazing

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
    Sharkie, Jul 29, 2011
  7. Zissou

Dana42078 Dana

Yup, i fukin cried, thanks.

Dana42078, Jul 30, 2011
  8. Zissou

Zissou What about my dynamite? VIP Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOAcRKZxjy4&feature=player_embedded"]Last Minutes with ODEN - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-nO6WvOYw[/ame]

Zissou, Feb 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question