Guess what I got today??

nensley

Reefing newb
Some new lights--Nova t5s. I am so excited! They are beautiful. Oh, and I go on Thursday to pick up my royal gramma. Who knew I could get so excited about lights and fish?!?!?

Now what do you think about me adding some mushroom corals? What do I need to do? I would just google it, but you guys are so much better than google! :mrgreen: Tell me everything I need to know!

Thanks!!!:D

congrats on the buy Nensley. From what I've heard you'll love those T5's. Can't help ya much on the coral...a pro will be along shortly.

Not to steel this thread But Reeffreak.

On your constilation 14 bulb light Would 725 Be a Good price for that set up I may have found one Its 2 months old !

Mushrooms. That leads me to a question. Any corals out there that don't require an amount of light more than standard factory flourescent lights? I'm just full of questions aren't I? :)

Exactly what I wanted to hear. I am so getting mushrooms next week--when I get paid!!

And Desoshade, you do not want my old lights. They are just some cheap ones from the retarded fish store I used to shop at. But if you were close, I would gladly give them to you!

Thanks guys!:bounce:

Oh and I don't have a digital camera because I keep spending my money on this tank! LOL! But I am going to take some with my 35mm and scan them and post them. I am so excited. Give me a week or so!

Nensley,Just remember to acclimate your corals to your light.
Its extremely easy to bleach them with T-5s.
Just start them on the sand,and move them up to where you want over a 3 or 4 week period.
I've nearly killed several of my SPS corals by placing them to high to quick.

There are corals that don't need anylight at all. I don't know all of them but sun coral or sun polyps rely on direct feedings and not light. Easier coral to keep are shroom, zoa's, xenia, star polyps, clove polyp, and kenya. Out of all those xenia would need the most light but don't reqiure alot.

Not to steel this thread But Reeffreak.

On your constilation 14 bulb light Would 725 Be a Good price for that set up I may have found one Its 2 months old !

Congrats on your lights and the new fish.Mushrooms would make a great starter coral.Very hardy and comes in many different colors.

Lionfish,thats a pretty good price if it comes with bulbs.I paid a little over $1000 with bulbs.Heck,only two months old,its practically brand new.I would haggle a little and see if he/she backs off the price.

oh you got the lite version, my 36 inch is 156 watts. 48 watts isn't much for a 29 gallons.

Are you serious? I am gonna be sooooo ticked if this isn't adequate lighting. The box specifically says "ideal for marine and reef aquariums" and I was assured by owners of LFS (these 2 haven't steered me wrong yet) that I can keep corals with these lights. And they almost blinded my husband last night-- they are so freakin' bright!

the one says high output, higher output per bulb, the other says at top for fish only tanks, i've seen pet stores steer people in wrong direction just because the really don't know a whole lot about lighting differences.

Back