Guess who's Back! Back Again... This time for Real though!

Oh boy! Sounds exciting... So far he hasn't picked at a single thing... He's just chilling with the tangs mostly... My BTA is pretty obviously not an aiptasia to this retarded fish... it's glowing bright pink/red and 15 times the size... plus I think my clowns would kick his ass if he did that, wouldn't they? They really love that anemone...

Wow long time no see! So glad you decided to come back! We missed your frantic neurotic posts!! ;)

Your hammer looks AWESOME, and the whole tank looks amazing. I'm happy to hear you're doing well. If I remember, last time you were one you were going through some tough times. I hope you've gotten through all that and are here to stay!

Thanks Biff! No more frantic/neurotic... Being treated for all kinds of fun stuff that makes me "normal", haha! As if that were possible. I got my last new fishy today until I get my next basically 100 lbs of rock and cycle it all in a bucket and all that. Just wanted to get a pretty anthia when I saw it at another LFS... It's a pretty large one, and it looks amazing I think!
Here are some pics from a quick photoshoot after feeding them a cube;

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

IMG_4611.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

And I think the butterfly is going to be a good boy... I swear he's eating aiptasia...? He's picking deep down at the rocks when I can't see what he's going after half the time, then when I get close enough to the tank to see, he stops! But it does look like he's in an area usually that is really low on aiptasia compared to the rest of the tank tonight...

Oh yeah, and what kind of Anthia is this? The pet store didn't even have a tag for it...
I was very... "Medicated" when I went in there, lol. And I got scared because some d-bag comes up and starts talking after a bit, apparently he didn't work there, or I would have avoided buying from them. I said I was interested in a koran angel... he's like "WHAT? A KORAN ANGEL?? Those are for like, huge tanks only!" I said I had a 150 and he said that's way to small... And that they get at least 20 some inches..."
I'm like no... about 12-13 tops, after years...
So we looked it up in a book while I was freaking out, trying to figure out wtf this dude is up to... so find out like 13.1 and he puts the book away and left... lol. Then I got the anthia...

Welcome back. The tank is awesome! Beautiful tank, fish and pics! Sorry I don't know much about anthia to answere your question, but I know someone on here will.

Thanks all! I just read on live aquaria about how the anthia are nice, and draw out the other fish in the tank, even the shier ones! That's so true! Tonight i'd have to say all of my fish are out and about in the middle of the tank! Almost every fish in the tank is almost schooling together in the 150! It looks really awesome, and I love this beautiful anthia! He/She (haven't found out yet) just chills out in the open all the time, right in clear view!

That's awesome. I didn't know that about those fish. If they didn't need such a big tank I would be all over one.LOL

What's everyones thoughts on an Imperator Angel? The fish store I was at had a tag for one, and said they should have one in in about 2 weeks hopefully... I LOVE angels, and from what I just read, the Imperator seems to have less of a chance to be a hassle in the long run... I think I saw that Doc isn't here anymore is he? He used to keep the angels in a somewhat reef system didn't he? I do want to keep some corals, maybe some Acans and stuff... What besides clam mantles are the larger growing angels notorious to nip at again? I forgot. I'd love to get a juvenile! Their color patterns and looks are simply stunning!

Thanks for that info... Darn though! I have some zoas, and like them... I hope to get a few more varieties, and think they are one of the coolest things you can have in your tank to cover up ugly live rock spots! What are the chances that an imperator will go after zoas? Keep in mind... if it's like 90/10 chance, mine will fall in the 10! lol. Every single fish I've gotten since day 1 has always been perfect... I've never really had anything die on me before... my corals started to bleach out in my 50 while I was setting this one up and waiting... not sure why, so I did a quick transfer instead of waiting any longer... And in that 50 I had a 5-6" blue tang! lol... 4-5" yellow tang, 4" tomini tang (I think that's what it's called) an algae blenny, a bicolor blenny, a pygmy angel, royal gramma, and 2 clowns! Nothing ever ate my anemone, ate any corals, died, stressed or got ick after the first intro of the blue tang when he was about 2" long... Everyone always would get mad, they would do weekly water changes, and at a point last year I did a water change once or twice I think that whole year... I just got out of the hobby basically and my tank did fine with a family member just feeding them... and of course I'd have to scrape the glass when I was home every couple weeks! Compared to some other peoples tanks, mine did better and had more coral growth at least two times over! I had a little chunk of neon green birds nest, and I ended up with a huge pile of it, I only kept 1, gave a bunch away, and had about an 8x8" piece of egg crate filled with frags that all died off when I ran out of room for them... Moral of the story though, everything seems to work that I do aquarium wise, hell even life wise! Everything always falls right into place when it should... Government money coming soon for school... hopefully sooner than later, because I wanna get my rock and get this tank even more beautified!
Missed you all, and all the positive input everyone has here, it's a great thing to have in your life I think!

Oh yeah, and the reason I think things work, and my fish are all so peaceful... The special medication I use... I also share some with the fish I'm sure... I smoke this special herb that the US government that has prohibited for many years now, but really has great medical effects, and no negative side effects like normal prescription drugs!
I think my fish get a decent dose of Tetrahyxracanabanol during normal air/water exchange....! Keeps them mellow and good tankmates!

And if my dad's reading this, your too ignorant to understand how things really work, sorry, I'll keep doing what works for me, and you continue to follow around the governments word like a sheep...
But I highly doubt my dad has ever heard of this website, so I think I'm good...

Oh yeah, and the reason I think things work, and my fish are all so peaceful... The special medication I use... I also share some with the fish I'm sure... I smoke this special herb that the US government that has prohibited for many years now, but really has great medical effects, and no negative side effects like normal prescription drugs!
I think my fish get a decent dose of Tetrahyxracanabanol during normal air/water exchange....! Keeps them mellow and good tankmates!

Maybe you should try blowing the smoke through an airline tube directly into the tank. If a little is good maybe more is better? But then again, too much of a good thing can be bad. Damn.

Back