Gurgle Buster question ???

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
Ok so i have my return pump that is flowing at about 650 to 700 gph to my DT with the head pressure, now my overflow is rated at 800 gph, So if i use a Gurgle Buster, will it reduce my flow in my Overflow ????? Or is it ajustable to where it will still flow just how it is now ???

Yeah i seen that Video, I Guess it doesnt hurt to try right ??? under 10 bucks for silence should be a good deal !!!!

Cant hurt to try at all, I did something similar with my overflow box but had to use a sponge. Theres just not enough room for a pvc durso or gurgle buster thing. I rinse the sponge every two days or so. My tank is close to my bed and is pretty much silent. The most noise is the fan pointed at the tank to keep it cool.

Yeah i made a lid for mine but its still really noisy, So i think im going to try the gurgle buster thing, hopefully it works.

A well placed, folded dish rag on top of the overflow box, combined with a DIY standpipe (takes 5 minutes to make), combined with the correct water level in the sump, and utilizing smooth angles, and less, "falling" water, is the key to a quiet system. Mine sounded like a freight train when I installed it on my dream tank, now you can hardly hear it.

yeah mines not to bad at all in the sump, i have the drain pipes go atleast half way down into the water so i dont gett any splashing, its just the them overflow. im going to attemp the gurgle buster this weekend and see how it works for me, im pretty sure if it works along with my Plexyglass lid i made it will be quiet.

my overflow is silent...once I made that little stand pipe and sponge with the airline on it...cant hear it at all...

Back