Had A Scare Last Night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rcpilot, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Rcpilot

Rcpilot

So, grandma offered to watch our kids last night. They spent the night with her.

I took my wife out to a cheap restaurant and we had a couple burgers and a beer. Nothing special. We've been kinda poor lately, but I went back to work a few weeks ago and we took the (no kids tonight) opportunity and went on a cheap date.

So, we got home around 8pm and started watching a movie (I am Legend- Will Smith). We're having some drinks and getting our buzz on.

Around 10:30pm, somebody knocks on our door. We live in a garden level apartment and it's ALWAYS quiet here. I was immediately spooked when somebody knocked on my door so late at night. So, I got up and went to the door but didn't open it. I called out through the door, "Who is it?"

It was a younger man and he was asking for somebody that I didn't recognize, so I told him, "You have the wrong apartment." Then the A-hole gets all loud and starts beating on my door and he's yelling, "Open the F***ing door, or I'll kick it in." He's twisting the handle on my front door and shaking the door like he's trying to get in..

Thats all it took for me to run and grab my 12ga. shotgun. I ran to my bedroom and grabbed the gun and then ran back out to the front room. I came back to the front room and stood about 15' away from the door and off to the side with had my shotgun pointed at the door. My wife handed me the phone and I dialed 911.

I told the dispatcher what was going on and told her I was armed with a shotgun. She's all, "Put the gun down. I'm dispatching the Arvada police." I told her I'd put the gun down when the police got there. So she stays on the line with me and is asking me the usual questions for about 5 or 6 minutes until the cops show up. They brought 9 cops and a dog. When they knocked on my door, they were yelling at me to put the shotgun down and open the door. I'm not dumb enough to answer my door while holding a shotgun and I know there are a bunch of cops on the other side. Thats a good way to get shot. So, I set the gun down on the couch and answered the door with my hands in the air. They asked me to come outside and asked where the gun was. We talked and they asked a bunch of questions about a description.

Long story short, it was the new neighbors that moved in across the hall 2 days ago. A couple of 20-something girls. The person who was at my door was a friend of theirs and he had the wrong apartment.

Cops knocked on that door when they figured it out and when the girls opened the door, there was so much pot smoke that it filled the hallway. The cops had a field day in that apartment. Confiscated all the pot and hauled the dumb SOB that threatened to kick my door in off to jail for disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace.

I'm so glad he didn't kick my door in. I was standing in my front room holding a 12ga shotgun loaded with 00 buck and slugs. It has an 8 round extended magazine and a pistol grip. I'd have blown a hole through him and knocked him back all the way across the hall. [​IMG] Dumbass.

Rcpilot, Mar 22, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Rcpilot

Altohombre The Tennis Pro Reefer

sounds like you were prepared. All I have is a tennis racquet to beat him down with. Good thing I have a good forehand and backhand.

Altohombre, Mar 22, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Rcpilot

Doc I don't work for anybody

RC,

you are a freakin' STUD!!! I have done similar things, but I beg them to break down the door. I make sure they hear the round chambering so they can be sure there is something waiting for them on my side. I keep a loaded shotgun under my bed and my AR-15 is nearby with a hidden 40 round mag ready just in case nasty stuff happens. I am proud of you being willing to protect your home. I have a whole new level of respect for me. Way not to be stupid with the cops banging on your door - that could have ruined your night pretty quick :death:

-Doc

Doc, Mar 22, 2008
  4. Rcpilot

RyanG ^*Eternal Dumbass*^

Great Job RC! Thats what I love about new york. If someone enters your dwelling its a shoot first ask questions later state.

RyanG, Mar 22, 2008
  5. Rcpilot

ravenfan8705

Good Job RC, its a good thing the kids weren't home, they would have been tramatized for life.

ravenfan8705, Mar 22, 2008
  6. Rcpilot

Rcpilot

It was late, so if my kids had been home they would have been asleep.

BUT, I'd have been a LOT more nervous too. It's probably a good thing my kids weren't home because if they had been, I don't think I could have stood behind a locked door and waited for the police to show up.

I'd have probably answered the door and shoved the barrel of a shotgun up somebody's nose .......... finger on the trigger ................ "What do you want?" :mrgreen:

I think what that person did is just completely stupid. He had NO IDEA what was on the other side of my door. If he'd actually kicked my door in and taken a single step into my apartment, I'd have shot him right in the chest. 00 buck from a 12ga shotgun at 15' range would have blown a hole in his chest the size of a coffee cup and knocked him back all the way across the hallway and into the other wall. Instant death.

As much as I hope that never happens--you gotta wonder about the intelligence level of someone who makes a threat like that from the outside of a locked door. Thats REALLY asking to get your ass either kicked or shot into pieces.

Rcpilot, Mar 22, 2008
  7. Rcpilot

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Glad to hear it all worked out Rc.
    In Georgia the law states that if their own your property,that you have the legal right to use what ever force is necessary to protect life and property.

yote, Mar 23, 2008
  8. Rcpilot

dustin_P74

well you gotta remember RC that this kid was COMPLETELY backed so he was thinking less then usual

dustin_P74, Mar 23, 2008
  9. Rcpilot

Bifferwine I am a girl

Wow, what a story. I'm relieved everything turned out okay -- thank god the cops got there quick enough. What a tard.

I truly pity anyone that TRIES to break into our house with NoobDeBiff here. You don't mess with someone who was a Green Beret in the Special Forces for 10 years. I've seen him at work, he seriously kicks some ass without even having to flex a muscle.

Bifferwine, Mar 23, 2008
  10. Rcpilot

dustin_P74

because he is a united sates trained killing machine

dustin_P74, Mar 23, 2008
  11. Rcpilot

Doc I don't work for anybody

kinda like me, huh? well, almost

-Doc

Doc, Mar 23, 2008
  12. Rcpilot

Bifferwine I am a girl

Yeah he's pretty intense.

Bifferwine, Mar 23, 2008
  13. Rcpilot

Altohombre The Tennis Pro Reefer

In hindsight if you had just opened the door and he realized that you weren't a hot chick that had weed then he might have just walked away.

Altohombre, Mar 23, 2008
  14. Rcpilot

Rcpilot

True, but at the time all I knew was a strange man was beating on my door and threatening to kick it down. I wasn't about to open it.

I thought that he was probably looking for an enemy--perhaps a drug deal or other deal went south and somebody owed somebody else a bunch of money. I knew he had the wrong apartment and I was content to just let him go away. I wasn't about to open the door for an aggressive stranger at nearly 11pm at night.

Rcpilot, Mar 23, 2008
  15. Rcpilot

dustin_P74

looking back you might now think to yourself hmm self i think a peep hole would be a great investment

dustin_P74, Mar 23, 2008
  16. Rcpilot

Bifferwine I am a girl

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Bifferwine, Mar 23, 2008
  17. Rcpilot

Rcpilot

Sorry, I left out a crucial detail in my original post.

We have 2 peepholes. One for me and one for my short wife.

But my wife is a goof-ball and she hung an Easter wreath on the outside of the door. It was the perfect size circle to cover BOTH peepholes. :frustrat:

I was so f**king pissed off at her. I'm looking out the peephole and can't see a damn thing except twisted twigs of wood and Easter bunny asshole. :frustrat:

The cops got a kick out of it and suggested I take it down. It was my pleasure to rip it down and toss it in the trash. I'd been telling my wife that we can't see out, but she's kinda hard headed. She's one of those people who don't learn anything until you beat her over the head with it. She's finally agreed not to hang stupid sheit on the outside of the door. She's been doing this for YEARS--Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th-- I practically have a gawd damned wreath hanging on my front door 365/24/7 :frustrat:

Not any more. She's finally agreed not to do that anymore. I've been hammering her for years about it for this EXACT reason. I can't see out. She had to get the crap scared out of her before all my pleading and bitching finally sunk into her thick skull.

I love that she's all "Martha Stewert" and decorates the house for every season. But there's a line at some point. Covering the peephole is past the line.

Rcpilot, Mar 23, 2008
  18. Rcpilot

RAYRAY Tiny Tank Club A+ Member

rc, wow.... I glad everything turned out ok for you !! scary huh . Ihave 2 young daughters and am always thinking what to do if something like that happens. way to use your head and stay grounded !!!!

RAYRAY, Mar 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question