Had an ammonia spike last night of 1.0+ yikes missing mandarin

Gigaah

Reefing newb
Well I was digging around in my tank and disturbed a spot that apparently my clown had been apparently trying to be hosted by. I thought it was odd he always darted behind the rocks when he ate but didn't think much of it. Well when I was arranging thing I found the spot and there was a ton of junk back there. I scooped it out and finished my business. I decided to test my water an hour later and my ammonia had spiked up somewhere between 1 and 1.5. My scooter blenny was breathing kinda hard.

Today everyone is accounted for thus far except for "girlfriend" my female spotted mandarin(my avatar pic) i recently rescued from the LFS because she was soooo skinny. I figured "fatboy" my male spotted would enjoy her company and was right that "little girl" my green mandarin wouldn't mind.

Anyhow she is unaccounted for thus far. I'll update if I find her. Usually if something dies in the tank I never see it again.Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Last edited:
Good luck!! I hope she shows up. Sometimes when they are stressed they will hide. And they'll pop back out a few days later no worse for the wear.

Back