Hairy Mushroom Split 3 ways

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
One of my hairy muchrooms were looking strange, deflated and had a gaping mouth for the past couple of days. Now I know why, it spit itself in three pieces. Each has a little bit of the original mouth. Since it split 2 days ago it's healed itself quite quickly. Is it normal for them to split in more than 2 pieces? I thought it was pretty cool.

Some things grow really well in my tank. I originally started off with 5 hairy mushrooms which I got about 3 months ago. Now I have 11. Recently one of my yumas decided to move about 2 inches, but in it's path it left 2 tiny pieces of its foot. Now they're growing into baby yumas.

Some things grow really well in my tank. I originally started off with 5 hairy mushrooms which I got about 3 months ago. Now I have 11. Recently one of my yumas decided to move about 2 inches, but in it's path it left 2 tiny pieces of its foot. Now they're growing into baby yumas.

My Yuma moves around quite a bit as well, leaving babies behind just like yours. However, the mother Yuma is so large, about 4-5" in diameter none of the babies really get any light and they perish :/. My hairy mushroom has split before but not into three, that's pretty awesome.

Back