haitian pink tipped anemone

frugm

Reefing newb
I'm thinking about purchasing one of these for my tank, Has anyone had any experiance, with them. I read they require excellent water conditions. How are they with fish and inverts. And any tipps on choosing a specimen?

Thanks in advance.

Excellent water quality comes from stability. Stability comes from time. Your sig says you are relatively new in the hobby. I would not suggest getting any type of anemone for at least 9 to 10 month .

I would not recommend any anemone for a reef tank.
But if you really want one.Give your tank 9 months to a year to settle in.Make sure you have and can maintain pristine water conditions,and dont buy a lot of expensive SPS corals.

Yeah i actually need to update my sig. My tanks almost 3 years old now. Still only Live rock and fish at the moment. I`m just starting to get into corals and such, so still researching the best options to start out with.

Hi Frugm. If your tank is 3 months old now, you still are not ready to house an anemone. The tank needs like Yote and the others said 9 - 12 months to mature. You are going to have your water perams spot on, and you will need very strong lighting. Anemones are super delicate creatures, and there are several things that can harm them fatally in regards to keeping them in a reef tank. Please remember that in this hobby patience pays off. It's just not time for you to have an anemone yet.

Oops, my bad, so sorry I read that wrong. I guess I'm just used to seeing people with new tanks wanting to get an anemone. Good catch Dave.

Lol not a problem guys.

I used to have one a few years back, but ended up trading him in at the LFS when I heard they can sting and kill other fish.

But just reciently i read some conflicting information online I just wanted to confirm before I purchase.

Are there any reef safe anenome`s that people have had good luck with? or any experiances.

All anemones sting. And putting one in your tank is a risk you have to be willing to take. More times than not, they will move to find a spot they like, stinging coral along the way. Mine climbed the rock and then procedded to "walk" from one end of the tank to the other. Luckily I was home and able to move corals out of his way.

Yeah I know. And like you James, I'm home during the day so I can watch what happens in the tank, especially with something new like a nem.

Back