Haliquin Shrimp and Blue Linkia

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So I finally found a LFS that had a Harliquin shrimp to take care of my Asterina Problem. One heck of a deal also only 19.99. So anyways got him home and acclimated him for an hour and a half. How long you guys think it would take 1 Harliquin to take care of provably 1000 or so asterinas ??? maybe a couple months right ?? Well for the mean time I put my Blue linkia in the Refugium. I was carefull to not expose it to air and everything.

You guys think the linkis will be fine in the Refugium for a few months ??? Should I add food to the fuge every so often for it ?? he love nori, ones a week or so I would catch it at night on the nori clip grubbing. What do you guys think ??

What should I feed it Just maybe put some nori on a rock every so often and misis or what couse usually in the tank he eatc off the rock work and nori ones in a wile. Maybe those see weed pellets ??

So I was able to pick up a second Harliquin Shrimp on Friday and they are now a mated pair crussing around toghether and eating like crazy, im very happy. Hopefully soon they will get rid of all the Asterinas in my display and I can get some coralline growing again. Funny thing is that the female I was able to find Is smaller than my male but when I went looking for her it was simple because she already had eggs. So I knew it was the girl along with the circles underneath her.

Well I like my linkia star fish plus I don't feel like eventually having to cut arms off from star fish to feed them.

I was in the same boat but I got over it. You buy a couple Chocolate Chip Stars cheap. They feel nothing. No reaction. Once every couple weeks you give the Shrimp an arm. It grows back fast. My Harlequin is very cool. The Chocolate Chips stay in the sumps. Real easy. Everyone is happy. Also if you get rid of the Harly...the asterinas may return as hitch hikers.

Civic I know this is an old thread but how are your shrimp. My zoas have been melting recently and its happening while my asterina population is booming. Not sure if its a coincidence but im ready to get rid of these little buggers.

Civic I know this is an old thread but how are your shrimp. My zoas have been melting recently and its happening while my asterina population is booming. Not sure if its a coincidence but im ready to get rid of these little buggers.
you know wot u mite have helped me there.the only soft corals i seem to have a problem with are zoas mine overtime melt away and i have quite a few asterinas and all other corals do fine.could it be them asterinas?

99% of the time if you hear of them going rogue it's on zoas so definitely a possibility. For years I have had them co-habitate and never had an issue, but now I have no explanation on why the zoas are melting and my asterina population is at an all time high. I still have coralline though, and I know they typically go for that first...

99% of the time if you hear of them going rogue it's on zoas so definitely a possibility. For years I have had them co-habitate and never had an issue, but now I have no explanation on why the zoas are melting and my asterina population is at an all time high. I still have coralline though, and I know they typically go for that first...
like you i have coraline

Back