Hand Guns

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by hotimportknight, Mar 3, 2008.

1. hotimportknight

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Those P89s are great little guns.I carried one in my truck for years.Then I talked to cop friend.He told me how the 9mm was low on stopping power,so I traded it for Ruger BlackHawk in 44mag.
    The 44 is to big and heavy to carry but its good to have in the truck.plus if I decide I want to go hunting,Its perfectly legal for deer.
    I like my AR for varmint hunting at night.But for home protection,I got a Remington 870 in 12ga chambered for 3-1/2 inch magnium.But its sure not one of those guns thats fun to shoot.

yote, Mar 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. hotimportknight

RyanG ^*Eternal Dumbass*^

Come on Yote you dont shoot trap or skeet? I put a few thousand 12 gauge rounds down range a year out of my cheapo brazilian over-under or my mossberg, its enjoyable to shoot but Im not gonna throw em down range with magnum loads either.

RyanG, Mar 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. hotimportknight

I hardly ever shoot skeet.Not saying I wouldnt enjoy it,theres just no where close(with in 2 hours) shoot.Theres one sporting clays range thats close,but you've got to be a member and I dont make the kind of money they wont.
    So I'm stuck with shooting in the back yard.Granted,I can stretch a rifle to its limits.There are clear cuts where I shoot,that you cant see across.
    I do however burn quiet a bit of powder through my varmint rifle.But thats mainly because varmints are all I hunt with a rifle.All my deer hunting is done with a bow,and of course turkey with a shotgun.
    And I'm not afraid to admit that I DO NOT like shooting my turkey gun at paper.It hurts bad.But now when that long beard struts up,I never feel it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
    yote, Mar 6, 2008
  4. hotimportknight

I totally agree on a lot of sporting clay clubs being snobby, luckily for me my Rod and Gun club costs 25 bucks a year for membership for the whole family. We have a bass pond, 200 yard gun range, a trap range a skeet range and 168 acres of hunting land and free use of the clubhouse for any gatherings you need it for. Im wrenching on them to put up a walk through 3D bowrange. Great club with great members who are very dedicated, but we need active young members only probably 5 of us under 30. Shoulders always hurt on monday after trap league though.

RyanG, Mar 6, 2008
  5. hotimportknight

bjohanson1234 .........

Well, if you are planning on moving to chicago, dont waste your money on a hand gun. It is illegal to own a hand gun in the city of chicago. Move to one of the suburbs to do that. Illinois does not allow conceal carry either. Indiana does I beleive. If you move to the north west corner of Indiana, you can still commute into chicago in about 45 minutes to a 1 1/2 hours depending on traffic.

Brian

bjohanson1234, Mar 6, 2008
  6. hotimportknight

It may be illegal but I know of several co-workers who have been shot at working at night in the ghetto of the south side on our tracks, and wont go to work without one. Its against company policy too, doesnt make it right to break laws or policies but it makes it better than dead. If you havent noticed railroad yards and tracks seem to be in the worst of all neighborhoods, I also know of a guy that was stabbed in the forehead with a steakknife for not give a crack head a cigarette. My two cents is I will not go to work in a urban area without some kind of armament, my weapon of choice is a switchblade, but knives in gun fights dont usually help.

RyanG, Mar 6, 2008
  7. hotimportknight

bjohanson1234 .........

I agree with you there.

Taking guns away from law abiding citizens leaves them in the hands of the thugs and criminals that dont care about the law that they are breaking.

An example would be a guy willing to rob a store's cash register isnt going to care that the gun he uses to hold the place up is illegal or not. However, the store owner who is standing behind the register probably would be following the law and not have a gun to scare away the intruder. A little common sence goes a long way.

Brian

bjohanson1234, Mar 6, 2008
  8. hotimportknight

diver

I agree w/ Doc Marco. along with cominig in late to this, too, but go to a range and find out what suits you best or you'll have a hard time hitting anything. You don't want to be fumbling around. I use a simple colt .45 revolver in the nightstand. I also have a S&W .357 mag thats smooth as silk. It's gotta fit your hand.

diver, Mar 6, 2008
  9. hotimportknight

Thats why I'm thankfull to live in a state the allows concealled carry with a permit.Plus my permit is good for Tenn,Alabama,North and South Carolina.
    It also helps that the company I work for encourages all employees to take the classes,get the permit,and carry their perfered gun.

yote, Mar 6, 2008
  10. hotimportknight

Yeah Ive got to cut through some red tape here, I got in a barfight and was charged with a felony never was convicted but I was looking at a 3-7 year tour of the federal system. New York has a concealled carry permit but I have to get a written letter from the Judge who presided over the case and a letter from the chief of police, and four letters of recommendation from 4 non-related permit holder, which I have, just need to get the $150 for filing fees and background checks.

RyanG, Mar 6, 2008
  11. hotimportknight

Doc I don't work for anybody

as far as shot guns go, I must admit, I am a fan of my Beretta auto. 7 in the mag, one up the pipe. nothing stands up with 00 buck - 8 rounds in 5 seconds...wow. A sight to behold

-Doc

Doc, Mar 6, 2008
  12. hotimportknight

diver

I like that, Doc. And Yote, I like your employers idea. No disgruntled emp. will be coming in to wreck havoc there.

diver, Mar 6, 2008
  13. hotimportknight

daugherty part time reefer

any person can carry a handgun here as long as it can bee seen or unless you have a conceled weapon permit. the one gun that i like to take with me is the .357 it has a 8 inch barrel with gas supression holes in the end of the barrel the gun has no recoil to it at all and is dead on.

daugherty, Mar 6, 2008
  14. hotimportknight

HAWKS12thMAN NWKRC THUG!

I own a 24/7 and have been more than happy with it, although the trigger pull is a little long. When it comes to home defense I trust it with my own daughters life. I enjoy 9mm because they are so enexpensive to target practice with..... not to mention loaded with 18 hollows and another 17 round clip behind it, no one is left standing.

HAWKS12thMAN, Mar 7, 2008
  15. hotimportknight

Glad to see you post again Hawks.How you been doing?
    9mms are cheap to shoot.A lot cheaper than a 44.Dont hurt the wrist either,20 rounds of 44mag makes the wrist and ears hurt.

yote, Mar 7, 2008
  16. hotimportknight

Bubba

I typically carry my 1911 A1 and thats what I use in IPSC events as well. Also fond of my HK USP which is also in 45.

In Alaska if you can leagally own the hand gun you can legally carry it concealed or out in the open without a permit. I prefer concealed. I've always thought that if you carry in the open...the bad guys will come at you with something bigger and prolly from behind.

Bubba, Mar 13, 2008
  17. hotimportknight

Civicdemon Go Big Or Go Home !

Hey guys, Bringing back an old thread but what do you guys think about S&W M&P .40c im looking into getting it for a carry weapon.

Have heard nothing but good things.

Civicdemon, Jun 3, 2013
  18. hotimportknight

I looked at and ALMOST bought an M&P 45. Until I picked up a Springfield XD.
    They actually feel identical in the hand. Except the Springfield has a tang safety in addition to the Glock Action Trigger Safety where the M&P doesn't.
    But the biggest difference was in the trigger. The M&P trigger was heavy and gritty. Of course its a double action only.
    The Springfield is single action only and breaks smooth and clean 4.2 pounds. Which was the deal sealer for me. I guess because I'm a varmint hunter and trigger control means everything for accuracy.

yote, Jun 3, 2013
  19. hotimportknight

Civicdemon Go Big Or Go Home !

Hu havent shot a xd yet. But wow i actualky tought the trigger pull was smoth. Well compared to my 92fs and a couple others i have shot. Plus i really loved the feel of it and i tought it shot so nice. Im really thinking of getting one. But now i might have to try a xd first.

Civicdemon, Jun 3, 2013
  20. hotimportknight

Greenman

I love my Dan Wesson .357, also have a Beretta 92 that is my baby.

Greenman, Jun 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question