Hand Guns

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by hotimportknight, Mar 3, 2008.

1. hotimportknight

Greenman

West Virginia is the same way, I recently moved to Maryland and i HATE THIS STATE!!!!

Greenman, Jun 6, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. hotimportknight

Civicdemon Go Big Or Go Home !

Yeah California was Open carry but not any more, This state is stupid when it comes to Gun Control, Plus even with the open cary law no one dared do so in fear they would get shot by the police. One mad got take to jail in San Diego for open carry the got a Lawyer and got a lot of money from the city for there police officers not knowing the law.

Civicdemon, Jun 6, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. hotimportknight

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

While it still pisses me off that I've got have a permit to carry, I'm still happy that I live in the south.
    I open carry all day every day. The only remarks I've ever gotten was what caliber I was carrying or which model. Even law enforcement is indifferent.

I take that back. I did have a liberal ask what I was scared of one morning at the gas station. I looked her right in the eyes and told " not a damn thing".

yote, Jun 6, 2013
  4. hotimportknight

Greenman

Yeah, Problem where I live is alot of the people in WV i deal with have no idea about the open carry law, so I get the cops called on me at least once a week from people freaking out about it... gets annoying.

Greenman, Jun 6, 2013
  5. hotimportknight

That would get old. But it would also make me more determined to NOT conceal my gun.

I'm actually starting to think that most folks are so scared of self-accountability, that it pisses them off to see somebody that IS able to take care of and think for themselves.

yote, Jun 6, 2013
  6. hotimportknight

salt_for_brains Alabama Reefer VIP Member

+1 Yote ------- I was raised if you want something you work for it. If you do something wrong you suffer the consequences. If I ever got paddled at school I did my best not to let my parents find out b/c they would whip me even worse when I got home and then make me apologize for my behavior at school:mrgreen:
    We are an open carry state as well but you have to have a conceal permit to carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle. To me carrying an unloaded weapon is like having a winch without cable it just ain't good for nothing but a trotline weight.

salt_for_brains, Jun 6, 2013
  7. hotimportknight

I never did figure out how my parents I was about get my tail lit up, before the first swing of the paddle. But somehow one of em ALWAYS showed up just in time to instruct the teacher on the proper use of the "Board of Education". Then make sure that there was no "not so sore" spots on my ass when I got home.

I agree with ya Nick. An unloaded gun is nothing more than hammer in my book.

yote, Jun 7, 2013
  8. hotimportknight

kbuser92 Breeder

Hey now, hammers hurt...Nebraska is very conservative. Only permit us to have it covered, under a jacket, inside waist band, etc...if its not concealed and not directly visible when an officer walks up (not on dash, seat, etc...) I believe it can be open-carry in a holster, otherwise locked up unless you have a permit.

Joe, while I don't like permits, in Nebraska obtaining a permit includes an interview with State Patrol and a background check. And they can order s more in-depth interview with a psychologist if you throw up red flags. While i don't like it 100%, I'm still glad they do because there are people that don't need to be carrying at all, let alone concealed.

kbuser92, Jun 7, 2013
  9. hotimportknight

I'm pretty sure y'all have to get through a background check when you buy a new gun.
    If you can pass that, you should be able to legally carry that gun without the governments permission.
    While I do agree that there are people out there that don't have any business with a gun. I don't think those folks are going to apply for a permit.

yote, Jun 9, 2013
  10. hotimportknight

Zissou What about my dynamite? VIP Member

So what do you guys recommend for a true pocket gun? I have a bedside 92fs that I'm probably going to swap out for an .40 XDM or something in the near future, but sometimes the dog wakes me up earlier than usual to do his business. Normally I just grab the leash and harness, throw on a t-shirt and head out in my pjs (with pockets), and I was thinking a pocket holster and an LCP or LC9 would do.

Though I'm honestly more afraid of moose so maybe I should just put on a jacket with big pockets and get a ruger super alaskan. :grumble:

Zissou, Jul 3, 2013
  11. hotimportknight

I've got a little Taurus PT22 that I carry as a back up. Fits nicely in my pocket, lite, accurate ( for a small pistol ) and cheaply fed ( provided you can find 22 ammo ).
    It's NOT a pretty gun after being thrown around in tool boxes and tackle boxes down through the years. Buts never malfunctioned, even with cheap ammo.
    Of course Kel-Tec makes a great little 380 thats about the same size. Then there is the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard thats comes complete with a laser.

Basically, flip a nickle. Can't go wrong.

Of course I would advise against popin Bull Winkle with anything less than 30-06 :mrgreen:

yote, Jul 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question