Hang-on protein skimmer?

hawkboys10

Reefing newb
Which hang-on protein skimmer would you all recommend? I have been going a couple years w/o one and have had no problems, but thinking about trying one. Thanks

Are these pretty quiet. I am looking at the octopus 800s as well. Is there any place out there with reviews of the 800? I would really like the deltec mce 600, but 500 g'sssss.

My Octopus uses the RESUN pump and is very quiet IMO.
Even with the surface skimming, I still find it quiet.

James will have to give you the information on the 800.

I like the fact that the 800 has a fully submersible pump.
My 100F has the pump in the first chamber which is 25-50% exposes at any given time.

Re: Hang-on protein skimmer? Coralife Super 125

[FONT=&quot]I got the Coralife Super 125 working within 15 minutes out the box (after assembling all the parts, another 15 minutes).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The foam adjustment knob is easy to adjust. I have a new 72 gal bow front. The Coralife Super 125 has the same pump as the Super 220 so it’s got lots of power. I have setup as HOB and is $100 less than the ASM G2 and seems very well built...certainly much better than the SeaClone. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also I am using a Rena xP4 to "polish" the water. It also circulates the water and it’s a real (quiet) work horse. And it also setup easy as advertised, seems to be a really great device.[/FONT]

I wish I had bought the octo HOB instead of the red sea prizm "pro". It works ok, but I'm willing to bet not half as good as the octo.

Back