Happy fourth for me

I would try and cure it in a rubbermaid. Just incase there are any organics that didnt fully decay It would be a shame to lose your system over it. Thats what I would do just to be safe.

James - here's your chance to make your life (and your hobby) better: replace that acrylic box with an all-glass. You won't believe how much nicer they are - to look at - to maintain - to enjoy.

What Ryan suggested is what I would do.Place it in a separate container with a powerhead,add a rock from the display,in a few days check to see if there is cycle with the dry rocks.

Glad things have worked out.

congratulations James.You'll love the extra few inches of the 75.Just do what Ryan suggested for the rock.

Ryan,Come on.Archery season opens the last Saturday in Sept.

Thats a toss up Yote my brother invited me to archery hunt Iowa at his place. Maybe Ill run into Tiffany Laski in the tree stand, now thats what dreams are made of. I need more vacation time!

Well here is the plan. the stand will open on the fron almost the whole length of the new tank so that it will fit the new chooped down 50 that i have for a sump/fuge. i am going to cut about 6in off then make some cross braces to hold the front and back together. cover the old overflow box for possible later use of probs for a controller.i figure that it will hold about 25 to 30 gallons of water. any more ideas

I know this "as seen on tv" stuff is corny but for some reason I bought some at walmart its called mighty putty. Ya the stuff that loud mouthed guy uses to pull the tractor with. Any way Im sure everyones seen the commercial but I had the bracing that goes across the top of my 55 break and the glass was bowed out about 1/2 inch in the front so I got a ratchet strap out of the garage cinched it up around the tank and put this crap on and it actually worked the only prob is its white. Just a thought for a temp fix.

thanks for the idea i am going to switch tanks on fri and sat the new tank comes in on thur night but i will be at work. so far the glue that i used i holding and it is noe getting any longer yet.

i will get some pics going to show my process of everything. right now i have about a hundred pounds of dead live rock in water the rock has been dry for a year or more. and i am going to use all new sand in the tank and use all the current sand in the new sump. so that i dont have to disturb the sand all that much.

here are the pics of the rocks

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

Looks like you got some nice pieces of rock. I never thought of using coolers. I have several that never get used and are just taking up space.

Back