harlequin shrimp?

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
anyone on here ever kept harlequin shrimp before/currently? im looking for a fun way to get rid of my Asterina stars (hundreds) will this work? additionally will they go after brittle stars and serpent stars aswell?

I know very little about Harlequins.Yes,they will eat asterinas but they will go through them quick and then your going to have to raise sea stars in a separate tank,cut off a arm and feed the harlequins.I hear they work better in groups and sorry,don't know if they will eat brittle/serpent sea stars.

yes, i have HUNDREDS though. no over exaggeration. And hell i have 3 tanks so Im sure i could find a tank that i could raise starfish in. Or i could buy chocolate chip stars just for feedin purposes

ok...... Biff implanted the idea in my head. I have always fancied these shrimp, and we were discussing the over abundance of stars in my tank that recently decided they love toadstools and how much of a pain in the ass it would be to remove them by hand, so here came her idea! i love it, but am not sure about it 100 % I have a serpent star i love, but might swoop it up and transfer it to the 80g. of course when i get the octopus ill move it from there so itll probably get donated to someone. Im not sure why i like it so much because the only time it can be found is nighttime

They will eat brittle and serpants. They are their fav. My old roomate had a pair and they ate a choc. chip every week or two.

I agree.
BKV bought some of those shrimp for his astrenia problem.A couple of weeks after getting the shrimp,he's looking to trade them.

I'm almost deciding against it upon further thought. they will surely eat my hundreds of tiny serpents in all my lr too. figured they are probably great to have for nutrient control in the water so as much as I love them and think they are amazing looking, they will not be bought this time I'm thinkin.

you can use harlequin shrimp to get rid of asternia than add a coral banded shrimp to get rid of harlequin shrimp, problem solved.

i hate em to killed to many cleaner shrimp of mine which cost 20 bucks a pop and took a month to catch the dumb shrimp to get rid of it.

Back