harlequin shrimp

meshman10

"YA CANT FIX STUPID"
I bought 2 to take care of a asterina starfish problem,did a great job with that little mess but, my question is will they eat a frozen starfish? could I buy a chocolate or a sand sifter and freeze it ya know break off a peice here and there,or do they only eat live?? I'd like to keep'um but I know there hungry..thank's guy's:bowdown:

I'd probably go with a live choc star, I've never had a harleq but always wanted one! I'd give it fresh food in hopes of keeping it healthy. Supposedly they can live off a single choc star for a few weeks. Most choc stars starve to death in our reef tanks anyway, might as well make one useful that might only be purchased by someone else and just die soon...

The harlequins will keep the star stored in their cave.
You could buy the C.C. and the lil shrimp will sting it so it cant go anywhere.Then they'll just eat what they want when their ready.
You could even keep the str in your sump and just chop an arm off ever so often.

What Yote suggested is what i hear the most.

People keep a few stars in the sump/refugium.They would cut off a leg and feed the shrimps.Let the stars regenerate a new foot and repeat the process.

Back