has anyone used chemi-pure?

karisfish

Reefing newb
So i am thinking about ordering some chemi-pure because i read somewhere that it is good. I am wondering have any of you used it? if so did it work well? Also do you use it instead of carbon or in addition to the carbon?

I personally dont like to use any chemicals on my tank unless i absolutely have to. It should be no replacement for the need to water changes and correct water keeping habits.

Chemi-Pure is filter media. I wouldn't consider it a chemical.

I use it in my 90. Not 24/7. But I run it every couple months. I haven't noticed any differences, but my tank wasn't having problems to begin with.

I have a Phosban 150 reactor in which I run a mix of NPX Bioplastics and Chemi-Pure Elite. I think it is a great product, as long as you aren't expecting it to perform miracles.

I also highly recommend the bioplastics as a great way to reduce nitrates in any system.

Running it in my nano where I don't have a protein skimmer. Chemipure and Purigen, stacked in the media tray, each in their own mesh pouch. I had a small bout with dinos about a month ago and this stuff seems to have done the trick... it's just about all gone.

I have run Purigen too. I'm not sure what, if any, effect it has had on my system though. I have been keeping it inside my skimmer so water flows through it on it's way back to my tank, but I removed it yesterday when I was cleaning my skimmer. I am thinking of swapping my Phosban 150 for a 2-stage media filter from bulkreefsupply.com. If I do that I will run NPX Bioplastics in one stage, and either Chemi-Pure Elite or my Purigen in the second.

I have used it several time and always go back to the bulk reef supply or marineland brands. I didnt find it to be worth the extra cost

I use chemi-pure elite and purigen both in my media rack, along with weekly water changes they have both worked as advertised

Still remains a valid question which members new in the hobby may be interested in. CPE with ferric oxide is better than regular CP, and CPB added with CPE is is a good combo with positive results enhancing ones tank, parameters and health of fishes.

So i am thinking about ordering some chemi-pure because i read somewhere that it is good. I am wondering have any of you used it? if so did it work well? Also do you use it instead of carbon or in addition to the carbon?

I have always used it on my tank, it's a mix of Carbon and GFO so clarity and phostphate removal is what it does. Generally works pretty good.

Back