hawkfish

akfirefighter

FrozenReefer
Does anyone have a hawkfish? Yesterday I noticed mine diving into my rock like it was attacking something. what would it be going for? Have any of you expierenced this before?

They are preditors and wait on top of rocks to attack their pray, hence the name hawkfish. I'm npt real sure what they will eat, but a guess would be it went after a crab or pod or something, but yeah when they swoop their after pray.

Yep,Hawkfish are predators.But they are a cool fish.
You just wont be able to keep any shrimp with them.

A hawkfish is an ambush predators.They do best in fish only tanks with fish bigger than it.Mine ate my 5'' Maroon clownfish,bastard!...keep it well fed.

I have a flame hawk in my 850 he will eat small shrimps but doesn't mess with my bigger shimp, I put in oh about 80.00 worth of peppermint shrimp to help me control aiptasia and well he enjoyed a good meal along with the mystery wrasse and labouti wrasse. But depending on the type of hawk and his size you should be able to enjoy him for a bit.

I have a arc eye in my 180 and I know that I will not be able to put shrimps in there and I will be replacing crabs more often but I like him.

What kind did you get?

Back