Health Care Bill

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by mcmusashi5, Mar 18, 2010.

1. mcmusashi5

cthegame

gigolos know their shit...they will prove my case, no worries. :mrgreen:

cthegame, Apr 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. mcmusashi5

tankedchemist

and you know this how??

tankedchemist, Apr 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. mcmusashi5

scu95821

Drill drill drill. Only problem with Obama is he's drilling is its for tax $$.

We need to use our oil until we have other sources readily available. Right now we are using oil of people would rather kill us than make money off us.

scu95821, Apr 1, 2010
  4. mcmusashi5

scu95821

This came through weird but its my response to PRC.

Just to preface my response I was a partner in a mortgage company in the mid to late 90’s when these laws were passed

That's not right. The Federal Government under Bill Clinton put a policy in place so that private lenders would help people who may not be able to realize the dream of home ownership purchase homes. THE PRIVATE LENDERS started to design loans that DID help them get into homes, but after a few years the terms of the mortgages would change and that in turn caused people to lose their homes. Here are some example

Nope. The Fed controls most of the loans the banks and private lenders can do an required them to do loans that were not fiscally sound.

Interest only loans- This loan gave you the ability to only pay the interest on the home for up to a 10 yr period, after that not only would the principal and interest become due on your monthly payment, depending on the LIBOR at that particulat time your interest rate may change as well.

If based on LIBOR most aren’t: mines not fixed for 10 then a 20 yr fixed loan repay. Did that because I was only going planning on staying for 5-ish years. Even if the market had stayed flat. Statistically people move every 7 years. Some less some more. # may have changed since I was in the biz. Probably, based on the current economy.

1% for the first 3 years- This loan gave you a rate of 1% for the first 3 years of your mortgage, after that it would change to prime + 1 or 2 %. Typically a lender would tell the homeowner don't worry about it, we'll refinance you out of that loan and put you into something else.

Your point? Since 70% of loans in the USA are prime plus; fixed or adjustable. Also not available through banks only Savings and Loans, brokers and some credit unions. The Fed has absolute control over what banks can lend and as a matter of absolute fact require that a certain % of their loans meet gov’t guidelines or the will not fund anything. The % changes all the time.) 2/28’s, 3/27’s 5/25’s all available form banks but for some reason that particular loan was an SNL loan. I understand what your saying but the problem is from inside the industry we changed our actuarials to match the expected default rates. The charts we had were scary moving from 1% to 8-10% based on loans we had to do to continue to get funding. I bet they’d be happy with 10% defaults now.

In the early 2000's some people in California and other places were making as much money on the increase in value of their home as they were at their jobs. This had to stop. Prices for homes can't continue to go up at that rate forever.

When the economy started to tank, it was the home prices that felt the sting first. And when you don't have equity in your home, you can't refinance. So those people lost their homes, it's the lenders fault and the purchasers fault it's not the FED's fault. (It’s the purchasers and the Fed’s fault.) The purchaser for doing something that didn’t make sense. The Fed for requiring it in the first place. They have control over what banks can lend. The housing market is the cause of the current economy not symptom)

Now, home values are just about back in line where they should be, and you're starting to see (slowly) homes start to sell again.

They are lower than they should be. The normal equation for figuring what someone can buy is 3 times their annual gross income with a 35% DTI. In CA a family with two 50K salaries should be able to afford a 300K home. I paid 321k for my home in ’02 it went to 450 in a year. Now its 125k. Homes are selling like hot cakes here but just for way less than they ought to be.

As far as student loans go...ALL actual student loans comes from the Fed's. If a customer goes to a bank and gets a loan and uses it for school that's different. But if they specifically apply for a student loan that money comes from the FED's.

Not true. Most of the money is a loan to the bank etc at Prime from the fed, the lender lends it at a higher rate to make a profit. Some are private money usually only the highest credit approved customers. BTW read Obamas numbers; his rates are low low until after the he gets reelected then up they go no mater when prime is.

The Fed's currently pay private lenders $68 billion per year to write student loans, moreover the private lender charges a higher interest rate than the FED loan. Here's an example, If the FED rate on a student loan is 2.5% a bank may charge anywhere between 5% an up, depending on the consumers credit rating. They keep the additional points of margin.

Wrong-ish It’s a 61 B savings over 10 years. Unlike you and congress I read the Health care bill (after it was signed) and the money does not go back in for just anybody to borrow but only people going into certain professions. And its not he feds money its ours, yours and mine. Why don’t we make any of the profit??????

If the money is coming from the FEDS anyway, why does the government need to pay private lenders 68 billion per year, and let them keep all of the margin on the loan? They are however going to let them service the loan. (Send the bills)

They don’t never said they did. Just said to allow private money lenders to continue to lend. Most mortgage money is also from the FED loaned at prime to lenders to you. They should they take that over also? How ‘bout car loans, boats? RV’s, SBA? etc etc etc. Most of the money lent is this and all free market countries comes from that countries version of the Fed. Our economy is based on companies making profit and hiring people. How is it going to work now more people work for the gov’t than private industry? Servicing isn’t just sending bills its collecting the debt and taking a % for doing it

You've also stated that you don't think the government can handle all of the loans. They could be handled by not much more than a lending website, processed through by loan processors and handed over to the privte lenders for servicing. It wouldn't cause the government to grow subtantially bigger becasue of the technology used.

Sounds good except its never ever worked before. In every instance where a private company has managed a service of the gov’t the company has done better with less money than the Gov’t. Example the Gov’t website that was supposed to track the stimulus money had a budget of 20 mil and has no valid info on it. The website that has the correct info run by some dude back east with a 40K budget. The info is available on the Congresses website but the federal gov’t and 20 million dollars cant seem to get it where it belongs

Tell me do you work for the gov’t? If not I hope your 401K doesn’t have any stock of banks that’s are on the losing end of this or and stocks of companies that do business with banks. How about hospitals or insurance companies? Drug or medical device manufactures that will be taxed extra under this plan?

scu95821, Apr 1, 2010
  5. mcmusashi5

scu95821

From what I understand that facility is less than an hour from Vegas. The main concern is moving it not storing it. They tried to move bombs through Sacramento once and blew up most of the rail road. Then 25 years later (after it was cleaned up) after a tractor hit a 2000lb bomb and set it off. I heard it, it was very loud. But not to worry I'm sure they'll be more careful this time...................

Send it to Sweden they have a plant where they store and recycle other peoples waste for fun and profit.

scu95821, Apr 1, 2010
  6. mcmusashi5

scu95821

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter
    installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have
    laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special
    Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and
    incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the
    non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with
    people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you
    have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de
    Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May
    (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you
    have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a
    single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low
    over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan
    causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims
    throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major
    corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so,
    would you have approved?

If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10
    years, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and
    impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's did all this in the first 5
    months -- so you'll have three years and seven months to come up with an answer.

Your right he mis speaks.... A LOT but at least he doesnt brain fart on TV when his telepromptor goes down. Umm ahhh ummm ahhh for 30 seconds.

I saw that comedian that did impressions of him. Funniest thing I have ever seen.

It would just be nice to have some equality in coverage of the presidents. Not a total pass given to one and another butchered by the unbiased media.

scu95821, Apr 1, 2010
  7. mcmusashi5

scu95821

I was kinda wondering that too, Maybe we dont want to know.

scu95821, Apr 1, 2010
  8. mcmusashi5

cthegame

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter
    installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have
    laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes? maybe lol

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?
    hundreds of thousands to see a play??? no i would not, but how do you know? do you have convincing proof he spent that much for a play? i would certainly not approve
    If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved? no

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special
    Olympics, would you have approved? depends on the joke lol

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and
    incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?
    i dont know, what does Gordon Brown think? why would i care about this bs?
    If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky? what is considered embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky is just a matter of opinion...how does it relate to what kind of president he is?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved? is he in the kings territory? is he showing proper respect based on their culture? i dont know, why dont you ask the king if that was a good move or not...who am i to judge these matters? and again how does it show he is not doing his job?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the
    non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip? you mean german? i lived in germany as a child, for as long as i can recall they spoke the same language...but again, do i look like a language expert? and if he did make that douchy error, then he is a douche too lol

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with
    people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you
    have approved? depends, is their not "keeping current" out of malice intend? are they dealing with the IRS appropriately? everyone makes mistakes including you, wouldnt you want a chance? the answer is yes & no...it depends on the individuals situation. Stop looking at things so generic.

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de
    Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May
    (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you
    have winced in embarrassment? LOL now thats funny!

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is? lol no too funny

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a
    single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?
    no, jet fuel is not a living thing...cant compare, wont say whats right or wrong but im not going to even compare a billion gallons to a single life...i dont have a "life scale" sorry.

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low
    over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan
    causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11? this is the best "if" so far...dont think i can answer that one.:Cheers:

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims
    throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence? prove this...

If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved. prove this...

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major
    corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so,
    would you have approved?
    how do you know this...prove it
    If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved? prove it...

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10
    years, would you have approved?
    ummm no, but prove this is what will happen...or at least that he is acting on it and could acomplish.
    So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and
    impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's did all this in the first 5
    months -- so you'll have three years and seven months to come up with an answer.

nothing you said has any basis, me with critical thinking can see right through your bias way of thinking. Can you see a pattern on how you always hate anything obama? just read through all your posts again...so knowing you're bias (who knows for what reason) how can i take anything you say serious?

Your right he mis speaks.... A LOT but at least he doesnt brain fart on TV when his telepromptor goes down. Umm ahhh ummm ahhh for 30 seconds.

I saw that comedian that did impressions of him. Funniest thing I have ever seen.

It would just be nice to have some equality in coverage of the presidents. Not a total pass given to one and another butchered by the unbiased media.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    cthegame, Apr 1, 2010
  9. mcmusashi5

cthegame

you sure you dont? :mrgreen:

cthegame, Apr 1, 2010
  10. mcmusashi5

Bifferwine I am a girl

I could address all of these, but I'm at work and don't have time, so I'll just stick to this one. Don't you realize how hypocritical you're being? You don't remember George W. walking around holding hands with the King of Saudi Arabia? On SEVERAL different occasions? Bowing is a sign of mutual respect in many cultures. The King bowed back to Obama as their culture dictates. There's nothing wrong with respecting local cultural norms! That's part of your job as president. Please. Hypocritical!

Attached Files:

Bifferwine, Apr 1, 2010
  11. mcmusashi5

scu95821

All of this stuff is available on the net from reliable sources, None of its a secret. The point was that Bush would have been hammered for all of it and Obama gets a pass.

The date night estimates are in the 250K neighborhood. The sightseeing trip around NYC by AF1 cost around 236K.

Maybe but I won't admit it.

scu95821, Apr 1, 2010
  12. mcmusashi5

scu95821

Not hyper critical. I didn’t say Bush wasn’t silly sometimes. The point of that was that if Bush had done any of those things you’d rip him a new one and there’d be 24 hr coverage with slo-mo replay with live commentary.

Your desire to individually explain each of his missteps kinda proves my point better than I did.

Bowing in many cultures is a sign of respect however the Muslim world is not one of these. To them it’s a sign subservience. The King does not bow back . No other non Muslim world leader bows to the King why does he. If he is so concerned about respect why not respect our flag with a salute you know being as he the President and all.

If Bush wants to have a gay moment with the King that’s okay as long as he’s on top.

When was I hypocritical??? Was it when I said Bush misspeaks A LOT??? You might want to look in the mirror on this one.

scu95821, Apr 1, 2010
  13. mcmusashi5

Bifferwine I am a girl

You were being hypocritical when you cut and pasted the text of a chain email criticizing Obama's missteps, without even realizing that Bush had made those same missteps himself (if not worse) and that there are factual innaccuracies within that text!

Example: If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved? and you have totally forgotten about the hand-holding incidents.

Here's one for you: If Obama had walked around White House grounds holding the hand of the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved? No, you probably would have pounced on him then too. But you just approved of Bush doing it, saying "That's fine, he can have a gay moment if he wants." Don't lie, though. You know that conservatives would have been up in arms about that had it been Obama! Not only because it's "buddy buddy" and "inappropriate" in western cultures, but showing "subservience" to the King, but because "he's promoting the gay agenda" because gay people are one of those issues that conservatives get soooo riled up about... But Bush did exactly that, and conservatives didn't say a thing.

Bifferwine, Apr 1, 2010
  14. mcmusashi5

Bifferwine I am a girl

You know, you say "IF" Bush had bowed? I found something interesting. Here's a picture of Bush meeting the King of Saudi Arabia... And bowing to him.

Oh yeah, why don't you try to tell me again how you are not being a hypocrite?

Bush Bowed To Saudi Arabia Too

My point is WHO CARES?!?! What on earth does bowing to someone as a sign of respect have anything to do with anything? I didn't care when Bush did it -- I didn't care when Obama did it either. That's just a different way other than a handshake to greet someone.

Bifferwine, Apr 1, 2010
  15. mcmusashi5

scu95821

Its not a sign of respoect to the person he's bowing too.

Thats a still shot of the King giving GW a medal.
    http://imagesource.cnn.com/imagesou...lbar=none&autostart=true&width=480&height=324
    Nice try though.

scu95821, Apr 1, 2010
  16. mcmusashi5

scu95821

I haven’t said one negative thing about Obama other than his politics. I was pointing out that Bush would be hammered for them not given a pass. Your right he did do dumb stuff (as I said twice before) but he was beat up over it. Still my only point.

Oh and the conservatives did make fun of Bush for the hand holding and it was hilarious.

As I said before and can list tons of references when Bush screwed up conservatives went after him. I would not forgive Bush for bowing to the King.

Ahh generalizations. Gay people are bad especially these ones. http://www.logcabin.org/logcabin/home.html

That was a quick Edit Biff. Impressive.

scu95821, Apr 1, 2010
  17. mcmusashi5

cthegame

listen scu, you are a well spoken (written lol) guy. But you have only experienced a year and some change with obama. We have all experienced 8 years with bush, so obviously there are alot more valid reasons to trash bush...i too will trash obama in 8 years if he proves worthy, but its too soon and the guy hasnt done nearly as bad as bush...yet.

cthegame, Apr 1, 2010
  18. mcmusashi5

Bifferwine I am a girl

What edit? You can see underneath the posts when they were edited. I didn't edit my last post at all. The one before was edited an hour ago. Show me where what I wrote (edited) and what you quoted is different.

Bifferwine, Apr 1, 2010
  19. mcmusashi5

VAreef

Not just because of the problem with waste and the NIMBY thing even those do pose some serious problems with nuclear power. One huge reason is the same as alternative energy. It's not as economically feasible. The reason it costs so much is the massive amount of over regulation on building a stupid nuke plant. Most of the over regulation was of course built on fear and misunderstanding reguarding Nuclear power. Reguardless of how it came about the massive amounts of regulation that built on 3 mile island(which was beyond mild) crippled nuclear power from becoming a major player in US power generation.

VAreef, Apr 1, 2010
  20. mcmusashi5

scu95821

No President should be trashed PERIOD.
    Especially by other members of the gov’t.
    The avg boob can say whatever he wants. Me included but I don’t because like him or not he is The President.
    Did you say some change? I think we’ve experienced plenty.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks
    Maybe you deleted and reposted but the middle of your response was in all caps. You changed it to respond to my saying Bush needs to be on top.

I have to hit refresh every few seconds or the company server kicks me off the site. Which is my font is different a lot. I write it on Word or Outlook then paste it in a response. It was gone for a couple refreshes but I thought that was because of the edit. I was trying to do a quick response when your response went away and came back different.
    I didn’t approve of Bush I made fun of him slight difference.
    I don’t see holding hands as promoting the gay agenda, little weird but that’s about it.

scu95821, Apr 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question