Healthy Lifestyle and Diet

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Cathic, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Cathic

Cathic Fish Wrangler

I have a major project in a class requesting that I make 4-5 Diet and exercise plans for legitimate people and monitor the results over a 3 week period.

Anyone brave and bold enough to let me consult you in the name of Education?

Cathic, Oct 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Cathic

sen5241b

Sorry. Now if you will excuse me, I am off to Five Guys.

sen5241b, Oct 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Cathic

SarahSmile :)

I'll happily help you!

SarahSmile, Oct 7, 2011
  4. Cathic

I'm in love with good nutrition and running and biking; doing columbus marathon in 8 days :)
    Diet plans are easy to make up...
    Pick a breakfast option:
    Whole grain Oatmeal with blueberries or banana or whole grain cereal with skim milk and banana or light bagel with sugar free jam or scramble made from egg whites (can include low fat ham, or fat free cheese, green pepper, the possibilities are enormous, vitatop (have them at target, etc)
    Pick a Midmorning snack:
    Piece of fruit or container of healthy yogurt, like fage, no options with corn syrup, etc
    Pick a Lunch:
    whole wheat light bread with turkey and light mayo or salad with light dressing and hardboiled egg whites and grilled chicken strips and fat free cheese or low calorie wrap by La Tortilla with low fat ham and mustard and fat free cheese or can get fast food options; grilled chicken sandwiches, stuff off taco bell Fresco menu
    (can add a fruit or yogurt here with the lunch)
    Pick a Dinner:
    Baked Fish and broccoli or veggie burger on light bun or 1 cup of whole wheat pasta with low calorie marinara sauce and soy crumbles by morning star (they're like ground beef) or baked chicken with baked potato and salsa (I usually grab a lean cuisine and soup and salad)
    (can include light progresso soup and different salad/veggie options with dinners)
    Choose a Snack for either mid afternoon or after dinner:
    low fat/low calorie portion controlled microwave popcorn bags, portion controlled bag of baked lays/pretzels (there are lots of 100 calorie bag snack options out there) container of skinny cow ice cream (150 calories)
    -Start a food journal, write down everything you eat, it makes you much more aware!
    -Eating 5 small times a day is key; you want lean proteins, dairy, fruit, vegetables. You need to incorporate some carbs but in a smart, low calorie way, hence the inclusion of low calorie wraps, low calorie breads, and whole wheat pasta. To make it manageable for regular people I say, shoot for 2 fruits, 2 veggies, 1 dairy, 1 lean protein a day.
    -You need to know the fitness level of the participants for an exercise plan. I’d say, for the average Joe Schmoe, shoot for 3-4 days of 45 minutes of semi-brisk walking. If they have access to a bike I’d mix in a day of biking for about a half hour. Exercise will show results if done for over half an hour at LEAST 3 times a week.
    -Drink water, lots of water!
    -Avoid: Pop, alcohol, full calorie juices (why drink your calories when you can eat them!) large meals, eating after 8 at night, salad dressings, mindless snacking
    I love projects; and you got a topic there that is my specialty, I'd love to convert everyone to a healthier lifestyle! Ok, I'm a nerd :)

SarahSmile, Oct 7, 2011
  5. Cathic

d2mini VIP Member

I'm still following the Paleo diet and my exercise is mountain biking for 30-40 minutes during lunch once or twice a week and once a week weight lifting using "Power of 10".

I say give one of your people that plan. Because it works PHENOMENALLY! :D
    Mainly the Paleo diet. The exercise is more for overal health, not weight loss.

d2mini, Oct 7, 2011
  6. Cathic

cthegame

what type of people are you looking for specifically? People who are overweight and want to lose weight, general people (who arent overweight but also arent very active), people who are pretty active (2 or 3 days a week of some sort of activity (and i dont mean golf or bowling :mrgreen:)) or people who train religiously ?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
    cthegame, Oct 7, 2011
  7. Cathic

Cathic Fish Wrangler

I need general people, looking to switch diet and or lifestyle to something more healthy. Sarah, thanks but I think your misunderstanding, I am educated in diets and exercise routines, and have to find real life experience that are personalized to individuals and monitor their results, much like you would do in a clinic. The idea is that I am supposed to get real world practice in being able to discern a persons need to achieve a a specific goal in diet or fitness.

And Alex, I don't need anyone in specific, if you are healthy exercise regularly but are perhaps looking to change your diet or alter your exercise routine, that could work. Overweight underweight average built doesnt matter.

Cathic, Oct 7, 2011
  8. Cathic

I'm sorry, I just read that you had to make 4-5 diet and exercise plans...and I have lots of diet and exercise plans, here I thought I could finally help someone on this forum instead of always being the one that needed help! haha.

SarahSmile, Oct 7, 2011
  9. Cathic

Cathic Fish Wrangler

I appreciate it, and you can always think of the questions you ask as helping others to afraid to ask. see see! a positive in anything.

Cathic, Oct 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question