heart attack

Doc

I don't work for anybody
well today was another first for me in this hobby, after three years. I conceided to get a yellow tang for my wife and kids. They were really begging for one, but I was resistant due to the fact that all of you give me :pooh: for having a "Finding Nemo" tank, soooo "bubbles" was out. Today, I gave in. I acclimated him for 30 minutes and dropped him in the tank. He swam around for about 30 seconds and then started spinning around in circles. He took off like a bolt into the rockwork and slammed his face onto a rock. He started shuddering into the sand, kicking up dust and crap everywhere. and then....died. Never thought I would see that. Fearful to try another one. any idea why he freaked out?

-Doc

That was the one that was supposed to go into hotimportknights tank. The fish gods slapped you around for taking the fish that was slated for his tank. The fish gods have a very specific plan for all ocean creatures and you screwed with it. Maintain thy steadfastness against the tang--lest the fish gods reach out and strike thee. :mrgreen:

Sorry for the loss. Regardless if they've been in the tank 5 minutes or 5yrs -- it still hurts when one kicks off like that. Might have been a fluke. You never know how a fish will react. Maybe try another one?

Never did find the carcass of that 6-line that disappeared from my tank. At least you got to watch him quiver for a few minutes and then net his poor empty shell of a body outta the tank.

Wow,I knew you were good at killing fish but didn't realize how fast.Somebody get the pawned and owned pics out.

Did you do this with or without the lights on?Not that it would made much of a difference in your situation.Maybe you just a bad one that was about to kick the bucket.Sorry Doc.

Sounds like you scared the hell out of it Doc.
Hate that you killed your wife and kids fish,shame on you Doc.

I will NOT try another stupid yellow tang again. they are boring, commonplace and hurt my feelings when they die. F*%k them.
-Doc

Hahaha! You are the ONLY person I know that can keep a freakin moorish idol, but can't keep a yellow tang alive to save his life! Whew.

I will NOT try another stupid yellow tang again. they are boring, commonplace and hurt my feelings when they die. F*%k them.
-Doc

Oh, stop being sour because you killed a yellow tang. Mine isn't boring, he is nice and bright and is full of life.

Wow,I knew you were good at killing fish but didn't realize how fast.Somebody get the pawned and owned pics out.

Did you do this with or without the lights on?Not that it would made much of a difference in your situation.Maybe you just a bad one that was about to kick the bucket.Sorry Doc.

139278407_83ad230f7d.jpg

41187223_a91f57cedf.jpg

untitled.jpg

Those were good Salty...lol!

Every time I crack on somebody else,something bad happens to me.Maybe I will get a Yellow tang after all.Its easier to swallow when a $20 fish goes belly up.

Saw a coral beauty do the same thing at my LFS, jumped from one tank to another tank, slammed the side of the tank, flipped on its side and croaked...

i forgot to mention that at first i thoug you was having a heart attack...(for real)..good to see your still kiking!..yellow tangs arent that bad..a pinch of bad luck..

Back