Heart Sea Urchin

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
Anybody have one? Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den - Anametilia sp.

0727101-050.jpg

That thing does look awesome! ive learnt, 1 urchin per 2ft of tank hahaha. two in mine caused a lot of knockovers XD

I just bought one of these from my LFS. I was looking for a good sand sifter, asked when they would restock on Sand Sifting Starfish, and the guy there pointed this out saying they were hardier than Starfish, and less finicky. Mine looks like a Star Trek Tribble with skunk like coloring. I put it in the tank, and it immediately burrowed out of sight, but I was told to expect it in and out of sand once it gets acclimated. They are REALLY interesting to look at though. He also did well against my bully of a Dottyback. When she went to harass him all it took was one poke of her nose, and she stayed clear of him afterward.

Welcome to the site, Mike, but just FYI, this thread is from 2010 ;)

I hope you acclimated your urchin first....they're very sensitive. Why don't you start a build thread in our Tank section?

Oops...was trolling for info on Heart Urchin when I found this, and didn't even think to look at the date..lol...and yes, I used the drip method for the little guy...gave him a half hour in the tank with the bag sealed, followed by a couple a 10 minute stints with tank water added in.

Back