Heater Controller - Broken!

holy crap, yall watch your temps., tis the season for heater failure, i got up this morning and went stumbeling by the tank, and i noticed everyone was all huddled together in one little corner under some rocks... this is not normal... so i got to looking at everything and i saw the light on the heater was on, so i said.. naaaa. couldnt be, put an eyeball on the thermometer and 85 F...

holy crap.. so i unplugged the heater, opened the lids, and i'm watching the temp slowly come back down... i dont want it to change too fast... down to 84 after about 2 hours, and the fish are starting to move around a bit more... i'll keep you updated as i remember to post....

Oh my, Fingers are crossed for you hope everything is ok. My heater is in a safe place right now in a box under the tank. :shock:

yea, it worked out, everyone survived, i went to the lfs and got new heaters.. and new critters.. but everyone seems to be ok, happy and moving around like normal..

Thanks for all the positive encouragement. Got back from vacation last night to find even more corals dead. Some of my favorites. I'm hoping most everything is finished dying. Now I've got to do a major clean-up and overhaul.

Thanks Winy. I see why people throw in the towel. I've had losses but nothing like this. Ever!

Most everything is dead and/or still dying. It's truly depressing. I'm going to take pictures of all the skeletons to show everyone. :shock:

Sorry to hear that... :( but hang in there, this is a tuff and expensive hobby to be in. But is also so rewarding and enjoyable I think that usually wins in the end.

Just take your time and things will turn back around for you. Now is the time to make the changes that you want (like don't add that one fish back that was mean)

Geez that's a coral graveyard there. That blows! Those look to be pretty good sized colonies too. It's a shame they got wiped out in a freak heater accident.

Back