heater

Wow, good price. I would say sure, but get 2x200w. If you ever have a heater die (for any reason) youll be glad theres 2.

I was a fan of the Finnex titanium heaters. 300w or even 2 200w heaters are overkill IMO. You should be fine with 200-250w for your tank size.

I prefer the eheim Jager heaters. They are the first I've ever had that actually keep control. EVERY other heater I've owned eventually went crazy and tried to make my tank into fish soup....

I bought a Marineland 100w submersible heater for my 30 gallon breeder tank and the settings knob has to be set at 73degrees making the tank range from 78-80degrees. Also I paid $40 at my LFS(rape).. I dont mind supporting my LFS, but Drs. Foster and Smith have it for $18.40($24.40 after shipping). So as one Marineland heater rated for a 30 gallon tank varies 2degrees and has an offset on the knob.

One thing I would worry about two heaters is there calibration on the dials may be off... I would identify the temperatures for each one isolated. Seeing how my heater has to be set at 73degrees to make it 79 in the tank

One thing I would worry about two heaters is there calibration on the dials may be off... I would identify the temperatures for each one isolated. Seeing how my heater has to be set at 73degrees to make it 79 in the tank

I wouldn't use a heater that did that at all. Your heater should heat the tank to whatever you set the dial to. Anything else is faulty and for me would warrant replacing it.

Back