Hello everyone from Singapore!

rocheyong

Reefing newb
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie in this website. I'm currently doing an aquaculture project in school and I might have questions if the internet doesn't seem to help! The project focuses mainly on coral reefs but these coral reefs sustain a huge biodiversity!:) I love nature. I first discovered a baby crab in the staghorn, then a brittle star on it( I thought it was a worm at first!lol!). Few weeks later, I saw a mini crab( it is still white in colour) on the staghorn,even though it is really mini ( well your grandparents most likely would not be able to spot it), I can see it clawing for the dry feed(phytoplankton) I feed to the corals! How cute is that! :DAnd recently, I realise the tank has much copepods! :)

I'm excited.
As much as I want to maintain the conditions in the tank, the aquaculture project is after all a bunch of experiments to perform....In a few weeks time I would have to make changes to 2 of the water parameters to see what adverse effect they can do to the corals...but I can't bear to!

This is the picture of the copepode I captured under microscope:

Picture092.jpg

Well,I want to find out what kind of copepd is it....but I can't seem to find a picture that matches this on the internet....:/

can anyone help?

Back