Hello everyone!

rubyfrogs

Reefing newb
Hello, My name is Jessica and I am a 25 yr old full time art student, (why did I get into this hobby when I'm already a starving artist and college student??? LOL) I am new to the sw hobby and was referred to this site by someone I bought some frags from today. I have a 12G nano and I'm saving up to set up my 55G former freshwater tank also. The 12G nano has been up since January, has been cycled and all that good stuff. I have 2 firefish, one yellow one purple. I also have a scooter blenny (small) and a CUC including about 6 hermit crabs and a couple astrea snails. I have some mushroom corals doing very well, I got some frags of some fluorescent green mushrooms tonight and some gorgeous zoas, I also got something purple It's a zoa I forget what he said it was but he said people would freak if they knew I got 2 heads of it for only 5 bucks ha ha he was awesome! Just thought I would introduce myself and my system. Oh I also have a corralife fixture with 2 50/50 PC bulbs, 10000k/actinic, 18W each, for a total of 36Watts. I have done a tooooonnnnn of research on this and have been perusing craigslist and various reef sites for about a year and am super excited that now I get to finally try for real lol. I may have some silly q's along the way, despite all the research I've done sometimes it's nice to get an opinion from a real live person lol. Happy Reefing Everyone!!!

Welcome to the site and the hobby Ruby.
You must have met Chris A.K.A. Rc.:D

Feel free to post any questions you have.Thats why were all here.:D

So many people from Co here for some reason, whats the conspiracy >.>. Either way glad to have you lets see that tank!

Welcome Jessica! I'm really happy to see you here. You're gonna love Living Reefs.

It was cool to meet you and your boyfriend. (Stephen?) Thanks so much for stopping by today. :Cheers:

Those 2 purple ones in the snail shell are Purple Death palythoas. Give them a little taste of meaty food a few times a week. They will grow rapidly.

The others are watermelon zoas and neon green dragon eye zoas. There's one green striped mushroom and one green hairy mushroom.

Last edited:
Welcome Jessica! I'm really happy to see you here. You're gonna love Living Reefs.

It was cool to meet you and your boyfriend. (Stephen?) Thanks so much for stopping by today. :Cheers:

Those 2 purple ones in the snail shell are Purple Death palythoas. Give them a little taste of meaty food a few times a week. They will grow rapidly.

The others are watermelon zoas and neon green dragon eye zoas. There's one green striped mushroom and one green hairy mushroom.
Thanks so much for telling me the names again lol I shouldve written them down! You have an awesome setup and I hope that in a few years I can have something similar. Thanks again and if you have more frags in the future just let me know, chances are I'll be interested! Thanks again!

If you have any trouble with those frags, let me know and I'll try to help. Since you are already keeping some corals, the new additions should be fine in your tank.

When in doubt or when you suspect trouble - do a water change.

If you have any trouble with those frags, let me know and I'll try to help. Since you are already keeping some corals, the new additions should be fine in your tank.

When in doubt or when you suspect trouble - do a water change.

Awesome! Great to know I have an experienced reefer close by lol, and I will take the advice about the water changes! So far so good though, after acclimation everything was open and looking great within hours of being transferred from your tank to mine, so they're off to a good start! And you're right I LOVE the purple death palys! Thanks so much for them they are already my favorites lol.

Ya he was very knowledgable and had some great suggestions for what would do well for me. Good advice is always appreciated, after all without fellow reefers all I would have is the word of the LFS employees :yikesu:

Back