Hello Everyone

that pH is fine, i wouldnt mess with it. Plus the pH will naturally change through out the day, being highest right before the lights go off, and lowest first thing after the lights come back on.

after a 20% RO water change, Salinity=1.023, pH=8.3, Nitrate is still in the 20ppm range?? also I have spotted a couple of hitch hikers that i didn't see the article link posted here. Pictures to follow :)
I am so excited!

Thanks Little Fish....so I have a picture of one of the hitch hikers...Is this Aiptasia? if so how do i get rid of it?
The other one is white/clear 5 long wispy legs with a dot for a body in the middle. Cant get a photo, as soon as I turn the light up- they take up in a hole.
Thank you so much for responding and sorry for taking so much of your time.

Kat

Attachments

• P6030001.jpg
    P6030001.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 168
  • P6030005.jpg
    P6030005.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 160
That is aiptasia, and the other thing you describe sounds like a brittle star perhaps.
There are several tried methods of getting rid of aiptasia. I like to pull the rock and cover the aiptasia in boiling water, then dip that portion of the rock in a bowl of tank water before putting it back.

oh, salt water! I was so hoping it was something else...I was thinking the other critters were brittle star....there are several of them. Luckily that is the smaller of my LR, so i can take it out and get rid of it. Bummer

Back