Hello from a fish newbie in Washington

yote said:
You can get the same light in 8x54 and probably wouldnt have to use any supplemental lighting.I have the 8 bulb light which give me a little over 9 watts per gallon.

does the 8x54 require you to remove the lights for tank access? i suppose it has the flaps in the front?

I was thinking something along the lines of the 4x54 across the back with a 24" in the front(left or right) over the light demanding corals and that would still give me access to the tank without moving lights and such.

hmmmm, the tank may look strange with extra lights on one side. I was hoping to get lights and a skimmer for $400 and add lights as an incremental step to a complete tank.

Thank you two for answering some probably common sense questions.

The 8 bulb light does cover quiet a bit of the tank.And it does make it a little tough to do you maintance.I dont remove mine,I just slide it back enough to do what needs to be done.
I give 400 bucks my light at liveaquaria.com.Also got my skimmer from them ,Which was 87 bucks.
The coralife SS 65 is a great skimmer,its a little touchy getting it broke in.But it'll get the job done.Plus is less than half the cost of remora.
Any time you got a question,,ask it.Somebody will know the answer.

hi and yes you are doing the right thing by waitung so think your wife so what kinda tank you want? anything you need just ask oh i seel corals so when your ready you get a 10% dis for being new to the living reef site

Back