Hello from Arizona!!

Neal

The Tortoise
Hello everyone,

My name is Neal, and as the title says, I am from AZ. I was into the saltwater aquarium hobby a few years back. I've had a number of angelfish, eels, tangs, gobby's, and damsels. I was young, so I didn't really take the hobby seriously and it cost me. Now I'm looking to inch my way back into the hobby and do things "right".

Of all the beautiful fish in the world, my absolute favorite is the imperator angelfish. My goal is to have one of those in my tank, but I have a long ways to go until then. A close second favorite of mine is the three striped damselfish. With that said, I currently have a 10 gallon set up with a single three striped damselfish and so far, I'm struggling with a few things. I'll look around the site and do some research before I start asking the questions.

On a personal note, I am currently working full time (and then some now that it's after year end) as an auditor. My experience is mainly in the CIRA industry. I am married and we have a two year old daughter, and one on the way.

As you can see in my signature, we are currently involved in the tortoise hobby. I have had turtles and tortoises since I was 10 or 11 and my wife and I currently operate Grand Canyon State Tortoises. We're a small operation, but we specialize in quality "hand raised" tortoises.

Looking forward to learning from you all and getting back into this great hobby!

Neal

Hello and welcome! What type of tortosies? I have a 30lb male sulcatta,and a 10pm female and alot of other Herps and exotics

Are "expertise" is with African Leopard Tortoises and Indian Star Tortoises. We have had experience with Sulcatas, Mediterranean tortoises, and box turtles.

Back