Hello From Jacksonville Florida!

KarenJax

Certified Master Stylist
Hi I'm new to salt water and obviously new to this forum! My name is Karen. We live in Jacksonville, FL. I have a daughter in her junior year of high school and a son who lives in Atlanta and is a major SW enthusiast! I have my own business which is mobile pet styling. We have 2 dogs and 1 horse. I'm in the process of setting up an invertebrate tank and a nano for a mantis shrimp. Yea I think they are neat ;)
This seems like a wonderful and very knowledgeable forum. I hope to learn a lot here. :Cheers:

Hello and welcome to the site.. even though I have much hatred for Jacksonville atm... murmur murmur. Mantis shrimp tank.. very awesome! Can't wait to see the pics!

Hello and welcome to the site.. even though I have much hatred for Jacksonville atm... murmur murmur. Mantis shrimp tank.. very awesome! Can't wait to see the pics!

:lol:,
Hi and welcome Karen,a lot of nice people here...i spent about 4 years in Jacksonville after high school...lived on Sunbeam rd...at the Oaks....Great city,but i actually started to miss the snow:mrgreen:

:lol:,
Hi and welcome Karen,a lot of nice people here...i spent about 4 years in Jacksonville after high school...lived on Sunbeam rd...at the Oaks....Great city,but i actually started to miss the snow:mrgreen:

Hi there! As a matter of fact, I LIVE in Mandarin! Lol! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!!

I'm sorry you hate Jax :( I moved down here two years ago from the ATL so it took some gettin used to!

As far as Mr Mantis goes- I'm setting up the habitat now! Then I guess I have to buy one online because I can't find one here. Also as a total joke, Mr Mantis shall be named Fluffy! ;)

Fluffy. :lol:

Welcome to the forum.
Lol! Well there IS a reason: I've been grooming for 17 years and every single dog that is named Fluffy, Precious, Angel, Sweetie, Sugar, Princess, etc all have the attitudes of landsharks on crack. Same sweet temperament as mantis shrimp lol!!!!
So Fluffy seemed like the perfect name ;)

Lol! Well there IS a reason: I've been grooming for 17 years and every single dog that is named Fluffy, Precious, Angel, Sweetie, Sugar, Princess, etc all have the attitudes of landsharks on crack. Same sweet temperament as mantis shrimp lol!!!!
So Fluffy seemed like the perfect name ;)

:bounce:I can just see it now while your feeding the mantis. "Here Fluffy, Fluffy, Fluffy." :bounce:

I need to see a replay of that game.

Welcome Karen to the hobby and to Living Reefs!

Back