Hello from PA!

SonicGT02

Reefing newb
Hello All - I did freshwater tanks for about 15yrs and decided it was time to move up to the good stuff. I started off with a 55 gallon setup, that I bought off of someone getting out of the hobby. After about a year of struggling with everything, the tank gave up. I was told that it was mainly do to my canister filter and such. So, I just purchased a 90 gallon reef ready Oceanic Tech Tank and stand. Last weekend I hooked up the 30 gallon sump and am ready to learn all over again! Look forward to discussing things with all of you!

If you haven't been to That Fish Place in Lancaster, then you really should. It's giant and has just about everything you ever need.

Thank you all for the welcome. I look forward to using this site quit a bit.
To Altohombre, I am not a big fan of That Fish Place. I've been there a few times and was not impressed, except for just the size of the place.
I have found someone in Reading that has FANTASTIC fish and corals and at great prices. He is very knowledgable and always willing to help someone. The place is called Reef and Tails. The gentleman runs everything out of his basement. His web site isn't really kept up to date, but he sends out a weekly email of new arrivals and any specials he's running. Check him out!

ccCapt - I wish that I lived closer to the store you mentioned, but I am just west of Harrisburg, and that store is almost 2hrs away for me. Of couse I may order something from them by mail. I already travel an hour to go to the Reef and Tails in Reading. Wish I had a local store that is as good on prices as the 2 stores we are talking about!

Side note - I'm a BIG Phillies and Flyers fan! Was born just outside of Philly.

Thank you all for the welcome. I look forward to using this site quit a bit.
To Altohombre, I am not a big fan of That Fish Place. I've been there a few times and was not impressed, except for just the size of the place.
I have found someone in Reading that has FANTASTIC fish and corals and at great prices. He is very knowledgable and always willing to help someone. The place is called Reef and Tails. The gentleman runs everything out of his basement. His web site isn't really kept up to date, but he sends out a weekly email of new arrivals and any specials he's running. Check him out!

I am not a big fan of their fish or coral stock, but they have tons of equipment related items and their anniversary sale is great!

I've been to the Reading shopping outlets several times as a kid on my way back from visited relatives.

I totally agree with you! Dry goods and equipment, there prices really can't be beat. When I purchased my new tank and stand, I checked their price first. When I talked to the guy in Reading, he said he could get it for me at the same price, but he was only making like $10, which tells me their prices are rock bottom. I've never liked their fish. I did freshwater for over 15yrs and never once bought fish their. Now that I do saltwater, I've never gone there and looked, as know that I didn't like their stock before.

I am not a big fan of their fish or coral stock, but they have tons of equipment related items and their anniversary sale is great!

I've been to the Reading shopping outlets several times as a kid on my way back from visited relatives.

Back