Hello from PA!

I totally agree with you! Dry goods and equipment, there prices really can't be beat. When I purchased my new tank and stand, I checked their price first. When I talked to the guy in Reading, he said he could get it for me at the same price, but he was only making like $10, which tells me their prices are rock bottom. I've never liked their fish. I did freshwater for over 15yrs and never once bought fish their. Now that I do saltwater, I've never gone there and looked, as know that I didn't like their stock before.

I guess it's a hit or miss situation at both these places as far as fish and corals. I live 40 min. from TFP and 20 min from R&T. I have been to TFP too many times to mention, and have been to R&T several times as well. Some days you can go to either place, and their stock looks great, and other days, it's not near as good.

If you are going to look at livestock at TFP, go during the week, not the weekend. their fish room is a circus on Sat & Sun. You actually have to pick a number to get waited on. They get their stock in on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, and you get a much better selection during the week than on the weekend.

Last edited:
I agree with TFP being hit or miss for fish. Sometimes they all look bad and sometimes the selection looks great. I bought my lamarck angel there about a yr ago and it's doing great.

Something Fishy is about 2 hrs from Mechanicsburg. If you guys ever decide to do a little road trip, it would be worth it.

Something Fishy is about 2 hrs from Mechanicsburg. If you guys ever decide to do a little road trip, it would be worth it.

Stoped there at lunch time one day while working in Allentown just to look. I seen a few nice things but was not prepared to pick anything up that day. It's only about 45 min. for me to their door.

PS ccCapt: Finally got my Atlantic Blue!

Nice! Mine was just about all blue when I got it, and stayed blue while in qt. Now that it's been in my main tank for a bit, it's alot more yellow. I noticed when it gets spooked it turns darker...and fast. I bet when yours gets acclimated and more relaxed it will turn more yellow too. It's an awesome looking fish. Great algae grazer too.

Back