Hello From the Bustling Metropolis of Harrisville, MS

dskirtech

Reef'n The Day Away
Good Evening Ladies and Gents,

My name is Dane and Im an Aqua-holic. I am new to the Saltwater Hobby, but NOT new to aquariums or forums so you will be seeing quite a bit of me. I am an Administrator on the Largest Dodge Forum on the planet (DodgeTalk.com) and I have 4 years of Freshwater Cichlid experience (Neo's and Africans).

I am 5 days into converting my 100 Gal tank into my very first reef tank and will be starting my second 55 Gallon "Aggressive" marine tank in the next few days.

I am so tired of hearing conflicting information from the limited "expert" LFS's around here and figured there HAD to be a forum full of real practitioners out there somewhere!

So please forgive me in advance for all the questions I am about to ask!

Respectfully,

Dane Skirtech
Jack-Tucky, Mississippi

Hi Dane-

Welcome to Living Reefs. Just a bit of advice right off the bat. GO SLOW and do a lot of research before doing anything! Also no more than two large 3-5" Tangs in that large tank!

Let's see some pictures soon!

Welcome to the site Dane.
You've come to the right place for information,though I cant promise you wont still get some conflicting info,being as every tank is different and most of us use slightly different methods.

Hello and welcome!

You've come to the site where everyone agrees on everything and we're never wrong.

Aren't you glad you found us?? ;)

Welcome Dane.

I disagree with Yote already. :-) (oh, was that conflicting?)
We're all here in to share experiences and learn from one another.

I'm sure if you do your homework, ask plenty of questions, and progress slowly, your transition from fresh to salt will be a pleasurable one.

Remember, we love pics.
There is a tank showcase forum where you can document your progress from start to present. It may be fun for you to begin since you are just starting out.

Welcome to the reef.

welcome.gif

WOW! Aside from my Dodge Forum, I have never received such a quick and overwhelming welcome! Thanks guys (and gals)!

I have been researching and bugging the snot out of the LFS for the past month. I guess the one disappointing thing that I HAVE managed to get a consensus on is the whole "Take it SLOWWWWWW" methodology. Completely different than Im used to. With Fresh water, it is "Cycle the Tank and go nuts!!!". I have found that with a marine setup, it is quite the opposite.

I have lurked around here for a good bit and read many wonderfully informative articles and look forward to picking everyone's brain.

Pics of the new startup coming just as soon as I can hook the iPhone up.

Thanks again!

Dane

Back